46: Falling Apart

That night had been restful, I could finally sleep knowing he was safe as he held me delicately. The clock struck 7 am, as the sun began climbing up the nearest mountain. My eyes opened as I felt his arms unravel from mine, he tiptoed against the cold granite tile. I reckoned he was just going for a bathroom break like every person would do, but boy was I mistaken.

The sun's rays woke me up as I turned to face my husband, but to my surprise, he wasn't there. I got up in a spring thinking he had hurt himself. I searched everywhere the garage, the bathroom even upstairs in my little bunny slippers.

And there he was working and running on a treadmill, 2 things he was asked not to do, by me and all of his skilled doctors.

"Sneaky", I told him as I crossed my arms and leaned against the open door. He turned around and gave me the most apologetic smile I had seen. He slowed down the treadmill and closed his laptop.

"Good morning baby", he walked fine not limping a bit it was as if he had healed overnight. He kissed my cheek and grabbed a towel as he patted his sweaty back and ripped chest that I happened to be looking at.

"Can't you get a couple of weeks off of work?", I asked him as he threw the towel in the laundry shoot and walked closer to me as he began laughing.

"Darling I own the company, I could take time off if I wanted too, but I'm fine to work, trust me, at least I'm not going to the office because now I can spend more time with you", he rambled on about his reasons of why I should be happy and god knows what else. I knew he wasn't going to follow all of his doctor's orders, but wouldn't you think he would follow the one that said don't work.

"Okay I understand, just promise me no working out you heard what the doctor said", This man loved breaking the rules, even more, he loved irritating me. His hands began searching my back as he wrapped his sweaty arms around me. He moved my hair swiftly and kissed my cheek.

"Alright Doc", he screamed from the other room as I followed him and he smiled brightly at me as he cracked eggs into a pan. I grabbed a glass of water from the sink as he pulled me close to him and kissed my neck leaving love bites all over.

"Do you greet all of your doctors this way?", I asked him as his head was lost in my hair as he held me against his hip.

"Only the one I love", he kissed my forehead as he pulled me to him as he scrambled the eggs up. He picked me up and set me on the counter as I watched him focus on the food. He held my hand as he plated our eggs and grabbed the sausages.

"Hey don't be lifting me I'm a weight", I scolded him as I got comfy on my new seat as I peered at his wound against his sculpted chest.

"Sorry", he kissed my nose and went on smiling, and so did I. I was blessed to be with a man who loved me and I was happy, who would've thought.

He served me a plate as I hopped off the counter and made my way to the kitchen table, I grabbed juice, milk, and water as he brought the plates.

"You ready to start writing or taking that class, you wanted too?", he asked me as I nodded while drinking my orange juice. It had been years since I had focused on what I wanted, what I needed to make me happy.

"I'm so ready, I signed up for a journalist class at an online college and I talked to the professor, I'm still young and he said this is the perfect time to start", Nolan smiled brightly as he was genuinely happy for my successes, I hadn't seen that in a while, but with him it's every day.