61: Boss Me Around, Boss

"How'd you know I was here?", I asked him as I played with the black cord on the phone.

"Why are you there?", he asked me as I stretched my arm out and I seemed to not know the answer. He asked me a question with a question and yet I felt I already knew the answer to the first one.

"He's the only one who knows where she is, she's the only family I have", I told him over the phone. I had been so excited when we first started looking, the foster system is messy especially that she's never been adopted. The fact that it had been a month and still nothing angered me to pieces. I had learned that maybe the most reasonable ways aren't the most ethically safe, but I wanted her to be there and as the wedding neared it feared me everyday where she was and if she knew that there was someone out there in this big, bad world that cared about her.

"Hey, you have me and we can start our own family, we can get some dogs and in a couple of years we can have our own little family", he comforted me as I knew I should have told him about my risky field trip.

"Hey I'm sorry I didn't tell you", I whispered to him as the phone started cutting off.

"It's okay, I'm at the office, I'll see you later, I love you", he said as I said it back and hung up the phone.

I made my way home as I scanned the time, seeing it was lunchtime and I figured why not distract my former employer.

I swiped my card as it took me to the top floor, Caroline was smiling as her stained mascara had been swiped under her eye.

"Oh thank god it's just you", she seemed relieved as she got off her high desk chair and came and gave me a hug.

"What's wrong, sweets?", I asked her as she sobbed in my chest.

"I told Alec, that we could go and see them and then he surprised me, my parents are coming today, today and it seems they've been talking and I.. I just left him, I didn't even thank him, I-", she weeped in my chest as I could tell she was very distraught and Caroline worried too much for everyone's sake.

"Go, go be with him, go I can handle it here", she looked at me with disbelief.

"No, no it's alright I can handle it", she assured me as she wiped her tears away and sat back on her high chair.

"Caroline you like him a lot,so go be with him, go", I told her as she kissed my cheek and ran out to the elevator waving to me bye and yelling thank you, that girl did too much for everyone she deserved a break and many more.

My mind pin pointed the work I needed to do as I saw on her planner the first thing was to deliver her papers from downstairs to sign. I swiped my card and went downstairs to grab the papers, stares made my way as I grabbed the papers and retreated back upstairs. I went to his large black door and knocked.

"Yes, come in", he said as I would tell he would be shocked to see standing in his assistants position.

"Caroline can you grab-", his eyes focused on me and he turned to the side as he started getting out of his seat.

"You didn't tell me you were coming?", he asked as he was happy but surprised. His hands glided up my body as he kissed my neck passionately.

"I'm full of many surprises", I moaned aloud as he sucked on the sensitive skin of my neck, his hot breath breathing against me put my body into a situation for I had a desirable want for him and his touch.