36: Your's Ma'am

"Now please let's welcome our surprise onto the stage", we stared at each other as he held my hand tightly and we made our way up onto the stage.

"Hi, everyone", he brushed his hair back and the crowd cheered him on as they settled down he began telling a story.

"Everyone this is Natalie, and she is the love of my life. We recently got married it was very close-knit, just immediate family and friends. This woman has inspired me to do so much and I'm falling in love with her every single day. If you have any questions or would love to meet her, then I guess find us, thank you and have a great rest of your night", he said as he held my hands dearly and he brought them to his lips as he kissed them. He pulled me away as a man came and cleared something for us as he pulled me along and I followed.

"Nolan where are we going", I asked as he laughed and opened the doors to a secluded balcony, that was closed off and there was fruit and champagne.

"Natalie I love you, so much and I just froze up because at the end of the night I was planning on bringing you here and telling you that I love you, and you just surprised me", he had declared his utmost love for me and I ran to him as I melted in his strong hands holding me steady. His hands explored me as I kissed his neck, lost in the love that was between us.

He carried me to the table as he didn't set me down, but took a glass and ate the fruit with it and kissed me, my champagne kiss, it was splendid.

"I love you", he set me down on the table as he caressed my head and pushed back the wisps of hair that had blown for the wind.

"I love you", I said back as he kissed me and I shivered for the wind. I grabbed the champagne and fruit as I made my way inside as the door slammed shut behind us.

"I'll take those", the nice women said as I thanked her and she disappeared into the kitchen. We made our way back to the room as the crowds of people came up to us one by one asking about me and us and  overall saying they were happy for us.

"What a good cause", Daniel put up his hands as I saw the look in his eye, he was up to no good and poor Nolan wanted to kiss up to him.

"Dad, you made it", I said as I stayed by Nolan's side, not wanting to be let go into his arms. His arms that have hurt me all these years.

"Yes, well it was strange seating the order, I thought I would be right next to my pumpkin, but instead I was a room away", he said as he looked into my eyes and all I felt was coldness.

"Must be the last names", I sighed avoiding his dark, demonic eyes and focusing on the real reason why I was here.

"Yes partly, Nolan do you remember Melissa", he shook her hand as she eyed me up and down and saw me shivering. It was her, she was the one who encouraged this attitude upon my dad.

"Darling, your eyebrows are messed up, I told you to stop going to the cheap places, that's why you married rich sweet girl, if your not getting money from all the tricks you do for him, we should have a mother daughter day except you'll be the one doing my nails.", she said in front of Nolan and he looked at me as I looked at my father who was supporting Melissa from falling.

"Melissa don't say that, I'm sorry she's just had too much to drink tonight", he lugged her away as I saw Nolan's concerned look that appeared when she said those cruel words. A tear spilt from my eyes as he wiped away and kissed my cheek, right where the tear had fallen.

He held my hand as he went to his mom and whispered to her, probably to say we were leaving and she nodded as she hugged me.

"Let me know if you want me to come over", she whispered as she hugged me tightly hoping to forget the ignorant attitudes of the people I had to call my parents.