Football boy

Third person

The young bright eyed blond woke up the next morning with bloodshot eyes as her face was red from crying her self to sleep. Her face was pale as she got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

She picked up her pink toothbrush and put her toothpaste on it and started brushing. She looked into the mirror and stared at her bags under her eyes. She spat the toothpaste out and placed her hands on the sink and stared at her self with on emotion.

She washed her face and wiped it down with the towel and walked out of the bathroom. She sat on her bed looking at the picture as the other girls got ready for school.

She only had 10 minutes to get ready so the young girl got off the bed and wiped her eyes and walked over to her wardrobe. She looked in it and took out a navy blue hoodie and black leggings. She put them on and put her bag on her shoulder and walked out of her dorm room.

Realising she didn't brush her hair she reached in her bag and pulled out a small hair brush and stared brushing her silky hair as she walked threw the halls to find her class room.

She gently knocked on the classroom door already knowing she was late. The door swings open and a young boy opens the door.

'I haven't seen you before,' the young boys stays to the girl, 'you must be the newbi' She nods her head and he shows her in.

'Hello there' a man said at the front of the classroom sat down at the desk, 'are you Alya?'

'Yes sir' she mumbles waking over to him, 'sorry I'm late I didn't know where I was going'

'Don't worry about it go and sit next to Ryan' he points to the same boy who opened the door as he sits down in his seat with and empty one next to him.

She walks over to her seat looking at everyone stare at her. She sits down as the boy looks at her as if he has seen her before.

He was a dirty blond with blue eyes. He had a small smile across his face as he looked at her. He swung back on his charge putting his shoe on the desk as the teacher starts teaching. He was wearing a white hoodie with a red and blue checkered flannel over with skinny jeans.

Alya's pov

'Ryan' he says putting his hand out.

'Alya' I shake his hand and smile.

'Where you from?' He asks.

'LA what about you?'

'England' He reply's. There was a minute of awkward silence until he restarts a new conversation, 'you going to try out for the cheer team?'

'No why' I laugh.

'You have the shape for it your quite muscular'

'Thanks but I need to focus on playing my guitar'

'You play?'

'Yeh I'm in a band' I smile looking up at the ceiling.

'That's sick I'm on the football team'

'Cool' I look out the window to see people playing football outside, 'shouldn't you be out playing then?'

'No thats rugby'

'Rugby?' I ask. what's rugby.

'Imagine American football just with a few or a lot of changes I don't see much of a difference but I play soccer'

'Oh that makes a lot more sense' I smile. It sounds so much better being football because you play with your feet and I'm in Australia so I better start calling it that.

'You should come and watch us play today at lunch' he offers, 'it's tryouts'

'Down I don't have anything else to do'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell goes off and I head to the cafeteria. I get a pasta pot and a brownie and I head out to the field.

I sit down on the grass looking at Ryan play. He notices me and runs over covered in sweat.

'Hey' He says catching his breath sitting next to me. I stay silent looking at him. Alya snap out of it, 'you okay?'

'Y-yeh I'm great never been better' I stutter. Still staring.

'Well I'm heading back in' he stands up and wipes his face with the bottom of his shirt and runs off.

'Who's that?' I hear from a distance.

'She's new' I hear another voice.

'And she's already talking to Ryan' the other one says cockily, 'let's go tell her he's mine'

I see 3 girls walk over to me. I'm guessing there the mean girls how original. They stand around me blocking my view of Ryan.

'Who are you?' The leader says. They are waring matching outfits just in different colours. The leader was in red and the one on her left was in purple and the other was in orange. Those colours don't go.

'Who are you?' I ask.

She looks shocked, 'I asked you first'

'Alya know you' I say standing up so I'm on the same level as her.

'Ruby' she scoffs.

'I'm jess' the purple on buts in with a grin on her face.

'Katie' the orange one slaps Jess's chest.

'Sorry' jess mumbles.

'Well it's nice to meet you' I smile.

'Right' ruby says looking behind her to the girls then glancing at Ryan, 'you know who you were just talking to right?'

'Ryan?' I ask.

'He's my boyfriend'

'Yeh!' Jess shouts while ruby rolls her eyes.

'So watch you back' Katie threatens me.

'Are you threatening me?' I step to Katie she steps back as if she's scared, 'that's what I thought' I step back and look at ruby, 'I'm not interested anyways I have a boyfriend'

'Then why we're you gorging at Ryan?' She squares up to me.

'I wasn't' I say.

'Sure' she turns around, 'come on girls' she walks off and I sit back down and eat my dinner.

I take a mouth full of pasta and I look over at Ryan and he takes his top off. I almost chock on my pasta as he runs over to me.

'That was effort' he stay lying on the floor next to me.

I swallow my pasta and look at him, 'looked like it' he smiles at me and sits up leaning against the gate.

'Are you not boiling?' He asks.

'A little bit oh well' I say. Im wearing a hoodie in Australia in September smart move Alya.

'Want my top I have a spare one in my bag you can put on?' He offers.

'I'm okay' I smile.

'You sure?'

'Yeh'

We sit there talking for a while and I lift up the bottom of my hoodie to let some air to my stomach. It feels like a million degrees.

Ryan get up and grabs his bag and chucks me his spare t shirt. 'Go put it on'

'Thanks' I feel my cheeks go red and I slip it on trying to keep my hoodie on making sure no one saw me. I take my hoodie of and feel the air. That's so much better. I stand up, 'that's better'

'You up for a composition?' He asks.