~ 12 ~

Dear Mom,

I'm starting to feel anxious. I think people at school have started noticing William and I ever since my outburst. I also think they've noticed that we're being... a bit more than friendly. Flirtatious even. Danielle and Lilac are practically exploding with happiness every time they see us together.

William has kept his promise though. He hasn't yet told anyone about us. He is bummed that I won't meet his friends yet though. Yesterday though, I didn't really have a choice.

It was a Friday night, and William wanted to take me on a date night. It wasn't like I could say no, and it's not like I wanted to say no, but I was nervous as to what we would do, because he refused to tell me. "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you," he claimed. I sighed and said he could pick me up at 5:00.

I didn't know what we were going to be doing, so I assumed he was taking me to dinner or something along those lines. Something formal but not fancy. I settled on a dark blue halter dress with gold accents like earrings and a gold necklace. Simple make-up and white flats with gold trimming. When he showed up at five in a school tee-shirt, I groaned and frowned at him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, frowning in confusion.

"A football game?" I demanded. "I can't go to a football game in this!" I said, gesturing to my outfit. He bursted into laughter. I frowned and crossed my arms, trying to show him that I wasn't joking. When he looked back at me, he started laughing even harder. I felt an angry blush spread across my face and started to close the door.

"Shoot, Anne-Marcie, don't go!" he pleaded, wiping happy tears from his eyes.

"I'm not. I'm just going to change real quick," I mumbled. "Wait here." I closed the door and rushed upstairs. I quickly changed into a light green sweater and a short white skirt. I let my hair down from the tight bun it was in, fluffing it out and taking off my jewelry. I changed from my flats into white Converse sneakers. I didn't care enough to wipe off my make-up, and I didn't bother to brush my hair out either. I think the loose, slight messiness of it might've added to the look though. I rushed down the stairs and threw open the door with a huff. He looked over his shoulder at me, rising from where he was sitting on the porch steps. His cheeks flushed and he laughed breathlessly.

"What?" I asked. "Did I forget to take an earring out?" I demanded nervously, my hands flying to my ears.

"No, no, you look great," he assured me, taking my hands in his. "That's just the problem. I never see you with your hair down... and I like it," he said, clearly flustered. My mouth fell open a little, and I felt a blush color my cheeks.

"Oh- thank you," I stuttered. He smiled down at me and my heart sped up a little.

"It's just the truth."

He's making me melt,

Anne-Marcie May

~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~

Hey All!! Sorry if this chapter was a bit boring/short, it's getting harder to right legitimately when something big is going to happen soon. Oh, crud, I've said too much! Hope you'll stay connected!

-Mere