~ 19 ~

Dear Mom,

I was a bit confused by what happened at the outlets, but I knew that I had to appear normal for everyone. Danielle and Lilac came over with their dresses around ten the morning of the dance. We worked with Lilac first. Her dress was paired with a few blue ribbons woven into her french braid, as well as cute white flats. We went very natural for her make-up, only light blush, a thin line of eyeliner, and very light blue eyeshadow.

Danielle was next. We took a completely different approach to her look; very attention-grabbing. Her hair was left down, though we curled it. For her make-up, we went extreme; thick black eye-liner, dark red smokey eye, and dark red lipstick. Then came my turn.

We took the time to learn how to crown braid, and eventually Lilac got really good at it. Danielle had brought little white flowers with her as well. When she held them up with a sly smile, I groaned and flopped back onto my bed. Eventually though, I let her pin them into my hair. We then pinned in my new lily clip into the right side of the braid, a little pop of color among the white flowers. With the charm bracelet slipped onto my left wrist, we moved onto my make-up. We went with gold to white eyeshadow, light pink blush, and a peachy colored lip gloss. Lastly, some strappy gold sandals.

When I turned to look at myself in my full-length mirror, I gasped in delight. I didn't think I'd ever looked this good before. And with that we were off.

*****

Lilac entered first. Blake was waiting for her at the doors of the gym. When he saw her, he smiled softly, and soft wasn't really something Blake did. She smiled shyly as she took his arm. Then it was Danielle's turn.

Silvian was also waiting just inside the gym doors for her. When she walked in with that confident air about her, he bowed playfully, making her drop the act and giggle. She took his arm eagerly. I smiled at their backs. They just... worked.

William, due to our little... disagreement, was not waiting for me. I would have to find him myself. As I entered and started to walk around, I could feel that there were many stares. Most girls were just in short little dresses and had left their hair down. I had gone all out. I started to feel self conscious just as I found William standing with his friends in one corner of the gym. All of the boys had mixed reactions when they saw me.

Gabe smiled and whispered something to Nicholas, who then turned and smiled at me. I smiled a little back and continued to make my way over to them. Simon looked to see who they were smiling at and took one look at me and whistled. This caught Christian's attention, and when he looked over to me his face lit up with blush. I frowned and looked away, trying to squash blush myself. When William turned around with a smirk, I'm assuming because Christian was becoming a tomato, his face went slack with shock. He blinked furiously, trying to regain his composure. I smiled gently and came over to them fully. He continued to blink rapidly, stuttering as he tried to say something.

"Hi to you too William," I said, chuckling. At this he frowned playfully, taking my hand.

"You look gorgeous," he whispered, bending over to my ear. I smiled.

"I know," I whispered back. He groaned.

"Anne-Marcie, you just ruined that!" he exclaimed, to which I exploded with laughter. He sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He then took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I turned and waved back to his group as we walked away. They all waved back, except Christian. He was frowning with regret and looking away. I shrugged and continued to follow William. We took a generic dance position as a new song came on. I recognized it as Dandelions, by Ruth B. I sighed in contentment, lying my head on his shoulder.

"This is what I want," I whispered. I felt him smile.

"Me too Anny... Me too."

Beautiful?,

Anne-Marcie May