~ 17 ~

Dear Mom,

Sorry, I kind of cut off abruptly there. The girls and I were about to go shopping, yes? Well, we met up at these outlets along the coast. It's basically an outdoor mall. When I pulled up into the parking lot, I immediately saw Lilac and Danielle waiting and talking excitedly on a bench out side of one of the stores I assumed we'd be going into. I sighed. I had a feeling they were planning something that I wouldn't like.

"Anne-Marcie!" Lilac said excitedly when she saw me approaching. She grinned as Danielle started talking.

"We had a little idea..." Danielle begins. I sigh.

"I'm not going to like this, am I?" I ask defeatedly. They smile nervously.

"Probably not," Danielle says, scratching the back of her neck. "But, anyway! This plan... you just got yourself a boyfriend for the first time in years and uhm- we were thinking... you could try and impress him?" she blurts out quickly. I gape at them.

"Why would I need to do that?" I ask after I've regained my composure. They sigh.

"AM, you've barely been together for a month. Why not give yourself a bit more confidence?" Lilac says quietly, setting a hand on my forearm. I sigh.

"You know what, sure. I'm not feeling the best about it right now anyway," I say with a weak smile.

"What? What do you mean?" they both ask. I start to explain what happened as we walk into a dress shop. They're clearly sorry, but it doesn't convince them to stop their master plan. In the first store, we're able to find a dress for Lilac, but nothing for me and Danielle. Lilac has found a modest baby-blue halter dress that cuts at her upper thigh. It has blue lace patterned above the waistline.

	In the second store, we're able to find one for Danielle and myself

In the second store, we're able to find one for Danielle and myself. Danielle's dress is a bold crimson maxi dress that very much fits her personality. It has thin layers of lace around the skirt that gives it a flowing kind of feel.

	All three of us are just blown away with the outstanding results we've found for mine

All three of us are just blown away with the outstanding results we've found for mine. It's simple, yes, but beautiful in its own way. In a way that really suits me. It's a light yellow strapless dress with a white floral patterning on the torso. The skirt billows out around the wearer like a breeze of wind has hit them. 

Once we're finished, we part ways, and I find that I'm excited for something I've dreaded for years

Do you like the dresses?,

Anne-Marcie May