~ 15 ~

Chapter Fifteen

Dear Mom,

Christian drove me home that night. He didn't ask questions. He just asked for my address and drove me right home. I got home at 11:53, to which Dad was kind of salty. But, when he saw me, tear stained cheeks and pale, he instantly knew something was wrong. He called loudly for Bimini, and she rushed downstairs in just her underwear and a tank-top.

"What? What's wrong?" she demanded, her eyes worried.

"Facetime Rhea, please," he said, leading me to the couch. I sat there numbly as my dad rubbed my back, Bim curiously yet gently pushed me to explain, and Rhea sat there listening in from our laptop.

"I guess I should start from the beginning," I said, voice scratchy. "I've been dating this guy, William, for a few weeks now."

"And you didn't tell us?!" Rhea demanded. I nodded defeatedly.

"Well, he took me on a date night tonight, and we went to a football game and he then brought me to a party. He-" I choked a little, trying so hard not to cry. "He got drunk and... I told him he couldn't drive me home and he- he made out with me for no reason, without my permission!" I bursted out, tears finally escaping my eyes again.

"What?" Dad muttered deeply. I put my palms to my eyes and sobbed, and Bim took Dad's role of rubbing my back.

"I'm so sorry I didn't t-tell you all! I was still feeling scared, and I didn't want to chicken out if you all were attached to him," I explained sadly. They exchanged glances, then Dad and Bim came in and squeezed me.

"It's fine Anny. It came from a good place; you have no reason to be sorry," Rhea comforted me. I sniffed and looked up at the laptop gratefully.

"Thank you guys."

*****

The next morning, I was lounging on my bed watching shows on my laptop when the doorbell rang. Bim was still asleep, and my dad was working in his room, so I headed downstairs in simply a tank-top and sweatpants, my hair down and unbrushed.

"Hello?" I said cracking the door so I could peek out. Of course it was him.

"Hey..." William said hesitantly, and I instantly realized how terrible he looked. Must have had a hangover.

"I see you got home safely last night," I muttered stiffly, opening the door a little more. I hoped he couldn't hear my heartbeat, practically beating its way out of my chest in fear and longing, all at once.

"I... yeah." he replied, looking away. I looked back into the house. Seeing it was still empty downstairs, I stepped out onto the porch.

"So, why are you here?" I asked, crossing my arms. He sighed.

"Why do you think? Anne-Marcie, I'm sorry. I should've controlled myself," he whispered, stepping a little closer. I tensed, and he stepped back. "I'd completely understand if you dumped me right now." I sighed and shook my head.

"You promised, literally only a few hours before you did that, that you wouldn't do anything without my permission," I whispered. "You very clearly broke that promise," I added. He bristled.

"Hey, you don't have to bring that up. I already said I'd understand if you broke up with me; you don't need to rub it in my face," he protested angrily. I looked up at him with my eyes squinted in anger.

"I'm not rubbing it in! I'm making a point!" I demanded, throwing my hands up at my side.

"Alright, whatever," he muttered. "If you're going to drop me, just do i-" he started, but I cut him off with a light kiss.

"I'm not going to end things just because of a single mistake. I'm not that low," I said quietly, resting my forehead on his. He sighed in relief and put his arms around my waist.

"Thank god."

It was the right thing to do... right?,

Anne-Marcie May