FOURTEEN

Meg's POV

Something is wrong. Or atleast it is going to be. Something... no not something... my powers they... they are telling me something. But what? I release some of my power to discover what but nothing comes back right away.

3rd Person POV

Thanos stands in the door of Gamora's room. He sighs before closing the door. He pulls out a communicator and calls Nebula. She picks up quickly.

"Father."

"I have a job for you, daughter. I worry that Gamora will turn Meg against me."

"Nonsense. Meg is loyal."

"We will never find out. You will end Gamora. She will not live to turn Meg gainst me."

"But-"

"No. Get it done. I will send someone to watch over you. Get it done." Thanos hangs up on a shell-shocked Nebula.

~~~

Nebula stares at the powered down communicator. Ganora had warned her that he wouldn't hesitate to kill Meg when the time came but it never truly set in until now.

I will send someone to watch over you.

I can't warn Gamora without giving up myself and possibly Meg. That means I have to make it convincing but also possible for Gamora to make it out alive. I just have to figure out how...

Gamora's POV

"How would you like to get paid?" The Collector asks us. Rocket stares at him in disbelief.

"What do you think, fancy man? Units!" I stifle a laugh.

"Very well, then." The Collector goes to get the money. My thoughts shift to Meg. What is she doing now? Probably not much but does she miss me? I glance over and see Carina staring fascinatingly at the orb. She glances around before slowly walking towards it she pauses as she reaches the orb before reaching out to touch it. I don't comprehend what is happening until it is too late. The Collector reacts in time. He sees her and yells. "Carina, stop! No!" It is too late.

"I will no longer be your slave!" She yells before her hand closs around the orb. She promptly explodes taking out the Collector's archives with her. Groot grabs Rocket and runs out of the place as it explodes while Peter and I duck under a table to avoid flying debris.

"What the ffff....?" Peter starts to say. I cut him off.

"I should have stopped her," I whisper. "I watched her... I was distracted."

"We have to get out of here, G," Peter says grabbing my arm and pulling me out from under the table. We start to run out of the building when I spot the stone. I quickly grab the orb and trap the stone inside. We sprint out of the building and meet up with Groot and Rocket.

"We have to bring this to the Nova Corps. There's a chance they can contain it..." I don't want Thanos to get it nor do I want to deal with it after what I've seen of its power. I knew it was powerful but not that... deadly.

"Are you kidding me? We're wanted by the Nova Corps! Just give it to Ronan!" Rocket yells angrily.

"And he will give it to my father!" I snap back.

"And he'll destroy the galaxy!" Peter joins in.

"What are you, some Saint all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it?" Rocket laughs thinking he's won.

"Because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!" Peter yells, his face a dark red, bordering purple.

"We have to go back to Peter's ship and deliver it to Nova. Then we get Meg." Rocket opens his mouth to object. "No objections. This has to happen."

"Right, right, okay. I think you're right. Or we could give it to somebody who's not going to arrest us, who's really nice for a whole lot of money. I think it's a really good balance between both of your points of view," Peter says.

"You're despicable."

"I..."

"Dishonorable. Faithless!" I start to walk off when I see ships entering the atmosphere. No, not just any ships, Ronan's ships.

---

I hope you enjoy. I'm afraid updates will still be slow though