𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟎'𝐬 (𝟒)

Pairings: Technoblade x Reader
Warnings: Violence, blood
Pronouns: She/her

——————————

He aimed the weapon right at Technoblade, his finger just resting on the trigger.

"Drag me back then, Techno." Wilbur voiced through gritted teeth. "I dare you."

Technoblade didn't raise his hands in surrender. He wasn't accepting defeat. In the past, he had faced Wilbur in battle, whether it was to spar or because they had actually broken into a fight in their childhood, Wilbur had never become strong enough to cause Technoblade to cease. He shouldn't feel too bad about himself. Nobody ever was.

Technoblade held his stance, his eyes glaring into Wilbur's and the weapon that he was holding. His hands were gripped onto the sword the he was wielding, hoping that they would be a good enough defence to shield him from the arrow that Wilbur was planning to launch. He wasn't sure though. He had never deflected an arrow using his sword and there was anything that he could use as a shield. He had already been injured enough by Wilbur's motion, could he really stand another pierce?

Technoblade steadily began to walk forward, doing as Wilbur commanded. To 'drag him back'. However, Wilbur saw this as an act of hostility. And in the midst of the dangerous situation he found himself to be in, he pulled his index finger into the trigger.

Perhaps seconds before he had done so, (Y/n) noticed. Luckily. When Wilbur had adjusted his arm to pull the crossbow up to line with Techno's body, (Y/n) immediately sprawled up onto her feet, realising what she had to do. Just as he moved his hand, (Y/n) pounced over towards Wilbur, sliding her knee across the damp, wooden planks and holding her hand out to grasp the edges of the crossbow. And right before the arrow snapped away from the string, (Y/n) pushed the bow upwards.

"Wait, don't shoot-!" She cried out as the arrow flung out of its place. Wilbur swiftly darted his head back at (Y/n), who's eyes were glued to the arrow. The short spear flew just above Techno's head, missing him by mere inches.

And while the two of them, Wilbur and (Y/n), were distracted by the sight of the thing that had just flew over Techno, Technoblade had taken his opportunity to regain the upper hand as he dove forward, using the end of his axe to sling Wilbur's crossbow out of his hands.

He tossed the crossbow into the air carelessly and threw (Y/n)'s sword to the side so that he could catch the bow. (Y/n), seeing the opportunity, crawled across the bridge to pull her sword back towards herself. He retreated his axe back into his inventory. Technoblade then extended his arm to reach behind his cloak, pulling an arrow from it and shifting it into the space it sits on the crossbow. The elastic pulled itself back in a noisily manner as he aimed the weapon back at Wilbur with grace.

Wilbur felt his heart sink when he saw his own weapon being pointed right back at him, wielded by the man who came all this way just to stop him. The point at the end of the arrow was enough for him to feel his skin go cold.

"Is this your way of making a statement, Wil'?" Technoblade mumbled lowly, his pupils shrinking just at the sight of this mess.

Techno reached behind his head to unbuckle the skull mask, pulling it off and hooking it back onto his belt. His unmasked face revealed the scar Wilbur had drawn across the side of his lip, it was still bloodied enough for Technoblade to taste the iron.

"Am I really gonna have to pry you back?" Technoblade grumbled.

Wilbur didn't respond. Instead, he cast his head down at the bridge, clutching himself just to numb the pain that he felt in his body. He was clearly frowning, upset that he had, once again, been defeated. This was a foolproof plan, but of course, his brother was no fool. Wilbur was silent with stubbornness and Techno saw this.