Chapter 8

18 + warning: light smut :) 

When Bucky walks inside of the compound, it's oddly quiet and that makes him confused. He doesn't really know the layout of the place, so he goes on the elevator and chooses level 12. He remembers Steve choosing that number to head to their rooms.

Once the elevator opens up on floor 12, he goes towards Steve's door and he knocks. No one answers so he knocks again, and once again hears nothing. He slowly opens the door and peeks inside and Steve isn't there.

"Anything I can help you with Sergeant Barnes?" Friday the AI announced, as Bucky jumped not knowing where the sound was coming from.

"W-what?"

"I'm going to assume Captain Rodgers didn't tell you about me. My name is Friday, and I'm the AI Mr.Stark built in. You can simply ask a question and I'll answer it for you. I'm always listening."

Bucky is confused and shocked at the same time.

"Yeah, right, uhm. Where is Steve?" Bucky hesitantly asked.

"The training room with all the others."

"Where is the training room?"

"Level 6, turn left from the elevator, and walk straight until you see two giant glass doors."

"Oh okay, thank you."

"Anytime Sergeant Barnes."

Bucky then makes his way to the training room, and sees everyone sparing. He goes inside and Steve notices him first and stops sparring with Sam, and walks over.

"Hey bud, when did you get back?"

"Just a few minutes ago."

The other avengers stop what they are doing and listen to the conversation.

"What'd you guys even do?" Steve asked as he took off the wrap from his hands.

"Did you guys fuck?" Nat asked as she smirked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Language."

Everyone rolls their eyes at Steve, and Bucky is just confused on why he said 'language'.

"Yea Barnes, did you?"

"No. Sam, we did not screw."

"Then what did you guys do?" Wanda asked, as she drank the water.

"Surprisingly, we went to eat then sat at the beach."

"Really? The beach?" Steve asked, not buying anything Bucky said.

"Yes, Steve the beach."

Everyone glances at each other, not believing anything Bucky said.

"So, did she give you any insight on why she's helping us."

"No."

"So what'd you guys talk about?" Nat asked.

"We talked about my life in the forties."

"Really? She was interested in your backstory. I don't buy it."

"I don't care what you think Sam."

"Are you okay Buck? Did she do anything to you?"

"No, Steve, she didn't do anything. All she did was act like a normal human being." Bucky said as he took a deep breath. "Maybe you all should stop treating her like she isn't." With that Bucky walked out slamming the gym doors, and began to walk back to his room.