Chapter 29

"I understand, can I go now?" Nyx asked impatiently. She wanted to see Bucky, Peter and her mom, but she knew she was going to hurt them eventually.

"Yes. Wait!" Jason said as he pulled out a pocket knife. " We have to make it more believable."

"Really? You've been torturing me for 3 days, I think it's believable." Nyx said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I guess you're right."

It's been 3 days since Jason gave her the serum, he wanted to make sure that it actually worked before letting her leave the base.

"Okay, I'll update you soon."

"Have fun, Munch!" Jason called out to her as she stuck her middle finger at him.

"I still hate you by the way."

"I know."

Nyx rolled her eyes as she left the base. She teleported to a storage room in the compound, and placed her belongings -from Jason- in the air vent.

She ruffled her hair and ripped her shirt then looked over herself. She nodded and then teleported to the main room, where she assumed everyone would be.

She fell on the floor, clutching her side. Wanda, Sam and Nat were in the main room and jumped at the sight of Nyx. They ran up to her and Nat grabbed her face, looking over her injuries. Wanda telepathy told Tony to get the medic here right away.

Nyx started to pass out, but Nat caught her holding her up.

"We need a medic now!" Nat called out just as Steve walked into the room.

"What's- oh god." Steve stopped in his tracks looking at Nyx. He thought he was going to be sick.

"Steve get a medic now!" Wanda shouted at him, her thick Sokovian accent shining through.

"Right." Steve said before heading off to find people.

"Nyx- hey stay with me." Nat said, while holding her up. She placed her hand on Nyx's face and she felt hot.

"Sam, she's hot. What does that mean?" Nat asked.

"She's not doing well, Nat."

"Oh god." Nat whispered.

The medics came rushing into the room and Nat gently laid Nyx on the floor. All three of them stepped aside letting the medics do their job. They hosted her up onto the stretcher and made their way to the surgery room.

Tony came running into the room, "What happened?"

"We don't know." Sam answered for the two women while they stood there in shock.

"How are we going to tell Bucky?" Wanda asked as she stood still.

"I will. Sam and Tony sit them down and make sure they're okay." Steve said as he went to the elevator.

Tony and Sam nodded their heads and helped move Wanda and Nat to the couch.

Steve took a deep breath before knocking on Bucky's door.

"It's open." Bucky responded to the knock.

"Hey, how are you holding up since...you know."

"I've been better."

Steve hesitantly took steps towards him and slowly sat on his bed. He looked at Bucky and felt so bad for him. He wasn't able to fulfill his promise.