Chapter 28

"How do you have her mom's number?" Sam asked as he raised his brows.

"None of your damn business." Bucky said back to him and Sam laughed.

"Someone is in love." Sam mocked.

Bucky took a step closer to him and Steve stepped in his way.

"Not here."

Bucky huffed as he turned around and walked over to Tony.

"Look, we need to find Nyx now." Bucky demanded, as Tony typed on his tablet.

"Relax, I'm working on it."

"Work harder. If Eloise dies and Nyx doesn't get a chance to say goodbye, I don't know what she'll do." Bucky told the team as they let out a deep breath. No one wanted to see Nyx angry, especially when her mom is going to die.

Wanda jumped out of her seat and made her way to Bucky. Bucky looked at her weirdly as she grabbed his hands. Her eyes glowed red and so did Bucky's. The team glanced at each other, trying to make out what Wanda was doing.

Wanda let go of his hands and stepped back from him.

"Wanda what did you just do?" Bucky asked her.

"I was trying to see if I could find her with a mental connection."

"And?"

"I can't."

"Why not?" Bucky asked, getting worried.

"Either she's unconscious, or.....dead." Wanda said quietly.

"Dead?!" Bucky yelled at her.

"I don't know for sure, but I'll try again in a few hours."

"What happens if she's conscious that you can reach her?" Nat asked.

"Then I'll be able to ask where she is and if she doesn't know, I can see through her eyes and find out where she is."

"Wanda. You are brilliant." Bucky told her as she laughed.

"Why thank you."

"Okay, in 2 hours Wanda do you magic thingy. I'll prepare a quinjet just in case and everyone else, suit up." Steve ordered as everyone left the room.

Bucky made his way upstairs, his breathing ridged and his heart beating so fast. What if they found Nyx, would she remember him? Bucky wanted to give her the biggest hug and wanted to hold her so she won't ever leave him; but what if she was dead? That question lingered in his mind and he prayed that she was just unconscious.

+++

"Munch, wake up!" Jason whispered- yelled at her.

Nyx's eyes fluttered open as she quickly covered them due to the bright light shining in her face. She groaned as she went to sit up.

"What happened?" Nyx asked, her mind was foggy and she didn't remember why she was in so much pain.

"We sent you out for a mission and you got hurt badly." Jason lied to her. He wasn't going to tell her that she actually got tortured and they erased everything about Bucky from her mind.

"Oh. I didn't win?" Nyx asked him as she rubbed her forehead.

"No, Munch." Jason said as he sat next to her. He could tell she had something on her mind and he gently rubbed her back.