Chapter 39

The jet landed about a mile away from the hydra base. They wanted a chance to get situated before engaging in a fight. Everyone triple checked their suits to make sure they have everything they need. They knew this fight was big, they knew it was important, they've been waiting for this fight for months and they weren't about to screw it up now.

Nyx pulled Bucky away from the others and stared into his eyes like she was trying to remember every detail about them. She leaned up and kissed him. She didn't pull back, she felt like this was the last kiss she was going to get. She didn't want it to end.

Bucky pulled back and looked at her. He softly caressed her face, looking at her worried.

"We're going to be fine."

Nyx nodded her head and leaned into his touch.

"Know that I love you okay?" She told him as he shook his head.

"Don't do that."

"Just in case."

Bucky sighed and pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around her body. He didn't say anything, he just continued to hold her.

"Say it back?" Nyx asked while her face was buried in his chest.

He nodded as he pulled back and pulled her into another kiss. He finally pulled back and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too."

She smiled at his words and they entwined their fingers and left the room. They were met with everyone walking out of the jet, their heads held high, ready to take them on.

Nyx smiled to herself, she never thought she was going to be working with the avengers again, but truth be told, she is glad she's fighting with them one last time.

They reach the base and everyone files into position. Tony, Sam, and Peter take the sky, while Thor, Nyx and Wanda take the main entrance. Steve, Bucky and Nat are trialing off to the sides, trying to hit them from another angle. Bruce stayed in the jet, until needed.

"Are you not going to change?" Wanda asked as she side eyed Nyx's clothes.

"Don't worry, I'll do it when the time's right." Nyx said as they continued to walk.

"Sounds like a hero thing to me." Wanda shrugged and Nyx rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, being a hero isn't really my thing."

"Then what is your thing?"

"I do whatever I want. There's no rules, so it makes it even better." Nyx shrugged as they approached the base.

"Let's hope you have some tricks up your sleeve." Wanda said as she got in her stance.

"Yup, I've definitely got some tricks." Nyx muttered as Thor threw his hammer at the door.

The door busted open and soldiers started flying out the building. They were running so fast, with their fist ready to punch something. It took them all by surprise.

Wanda put up a protection barrier while she got herself situated. Thor shot his hand out to grab his hammer and slammed it down to the ground, knocking only a few soldiers. Nyx used her telekinesis to push herself into the air, heading to the back of the building.

She knew Wanda and Thor could handle the soldiers that came out. Her only priority was to find Jason.

She flew to the back of the base and she saw Tony shooting from his repulsors and Peter shooting his webs. She saw Sam flying, shooting the soldiers with his two guns.