Chapter 05

SHAME

Zach's POV

What she said behind my back did not immediately process in my system.  Why didn't I even think of that?  But do I have to care, what now if she is the manager?  She's still nothing compared to my wealth!

"If you own this bar then get that nerd out of here!"  I shouted at her while pointing at that nerd.

"What if I don't want to?" She replied and annoyingly smiled.

"Are you, hey! The customer of your bar here doesn't like that nerd, she even spilled beer on my coat, if you don't want me to never come back here and your bar goes bankrupt, get that nerd out of here! Fire her!"  The anger intensified with my scream, but it was still noticeable that there was no fear on the face of this woman in front of me.

"Zach! Let's just go, cool your head first. There's no need to fire him just because you want to," Cai snapped suddenly while holding my shoulder.

"Why do you care about that nerd, huh? It's not my fault that she's an idiot, and she deserves to get fired," I said.

"That was an accident and she already apologized. Your coat, I know that's not very important for you to act like that, you're just really annoyed at her, that's why you're angry like that for the accident she did, but that's not enough reason to implicate her work here, it's not right to fire her just because of something she accidentally did or maybe because you're just annoyed at her," Chad said without emotion while looking into my eyes.  But I still can't agree that that nerd won't pay me for wetting my coat!

"Kahit ano pa iyan, gusto ko pa ring magbayad siya sa ginawa niya!" I was stubbornly angry as I poked at that girl's face again.

"Zach pwede naman-" I didn't wait for Cai to finish speaking and I quickly turned my eyes to this girl named Cristal.

"I'll pay whatever you want! Just fire this nerd here from his job!"  I said desperately but she just grinned.

"Talaga bang maglalabas ka ng pera mapaalis lang ako sa trabaho ko?" She said.

"Oo, ganon kasama ang mukha mo sa mga mata ko!"

"Hindi ako makapaniwalang gagawin mo ang ganito, young man," inis naman akong bumaling sa Cristal na'tong young man ng young man sakin.

"Hoy! Alam kong muka kang mas matanda sa akin, pero hindi par in 'yon sapat para young man ng young man ang itawag mo sakin! Maka young man akala mo kung sinong matanda!" sigaw ko sa babaeng Cristal na ito.

"E'sa young man ang gusto ko e!"

"I don't care, fired her!"  I ordered her while pointing at that nerd again.

"What if I won't, can you do something, young man?" She stubbornly made her face even more sarcastic.

"Are you really testing me, huh?!"  I asked in annoyance, but she just smirked even more.

"Like what I've said, I'm the manager of this bar, so I can decide who will work and who will be fired,"

"That's why I order you to remove her from-"

"I don't want to! This girl is my friend!" She shouted while pointing at that nerd.  "Besides, her name isn't nerd, she's Yeri Miel-"

"Who cares?! When I say fire her, do it!"

"When I say I don't want to, I don't want to! Is she that important to you to make such an effort?!"

"Anong sinasabi mo? Nag-effort lang ako ng ganito dahil concern ako sa mga mata ko! Babayaran kita kahit magkanong gusto mo-"