Encounter

Jennie

I sat on the corner of a secluded room of the famous coffee shop here in Seoul.

Palpitate is the name of the coffee shop. One of the few places I love. The place brings so much comfort to me. It's aesthetic and refreshing vibe captured several customers to the place. It became one of the most talked shops in the internet not just because of the vibe, but because of the owner.

Seulgi. Seulgi drop her dream of becoming an idol when her mother died because of cancer. Because of it, she was forced to stop her dream career and started managing the coffee shop. As year goes on, Seulgi manage to make it on top. Several celebrities are spotted hanging out also here. That is why Seulgi come up with the idea of another floor where celebrities can be sit back and relax, not minding the crazy fans following them. Later on, Seulgi embraces the whole café. And believed that it is the right path for her.

The room is a mixture of white and cream walls, with glass to ceiling window the gives the room enough brightness with of course the best part is the city view. The room is designed with several plants, with gray couches and bean bags. A fury carpet cascaded on the floor. A 42inch TV hanging on the wall, and a mini chandelier in the of the ceiling.

This room is exclusively to us, Seulgi, Irene, Jisoo, me and of course Lisa. Seulgi made this room just for us. It is one of the place that I can freely be on my own, be comfortable with the right people. This is one of the few places that I don't needed to hide my simple life.

Jisoo, Seulgi, Irene and me are currently hanging inside the exclusive room. I am comfortably laying on the bean bag, with a cup of hot choco in hands, while Seulgi and Jisoo are on the couch, playing another PS4 game on the TV and Irene is on the other bean bag close to mine.

"So you mean to say that Jennie and Lisa are in a relationship?? Since we are trainees!?" Seulgi drop her joystick and pace back and forth inside the room. We are doing a little catch up when the issue opened up, and the secret between Lisa and I's past is now revealed. Irene shot herself up on the bean bag and threw that how-dare-you look to me.

"Correction. Its 'were' past tense. They're done. No more Jenlisa thing." Jisoo corrected eyes not moving away from the monitor.

"What happened?" Irene asked, now on my bean bag also. The hot liquid almost spill on my thighs and I have to settle it down on the side table.

"Jennie blew it off." Jisoo answered making me roll my eyes. Why did she have to tell the right words? "Oh no, she fucked up." She added. Irene and Seulgi darted their eyes on me, almost bulging out of its sockets. "It's a long story, but Jennie here choses her career. Lisa is in so much pain. End of story." Jisoo explained further before punching the air, she won her game.

"That's why she left." It's not a question, but to confirmed the issue. I nod at Irene, she looked at me, feeling sorry for what happened to us. I look down at my fingers fidgeting my pants. The pain of Lisa leaving me feels like a thousand syringe plucked into every fiber of my being. No matter how much dosage of anesthesia can't help the pain ease. And here I am, blaming myself once again.

"Wow.. I knew there is something going on with you two." 3 pairs of eyes directed to the pacing Seulgi inside the room. Questioning looks are being thrown to her. "I mean I heard you once fighting inside the maintenance room when we are trainees, at first I didn't know it was you two, at least at the back of my mind I told myself its not you guys tho your voices are familiar to me. I just told myself why would you two fight, you guys are like twins. I can't believe it." That must be one of our small fights, the one I am throwing at the Thai girl because I miss her and I can't have any single moment being intimate with her outside our rooms. The usual Lisa being extra clingy to others, the jolly and playful one. And I wanted to do that, with her. But I cannot because I am not known to be the clingy one,. I used to be the serious and independent one. But with Lisa, everything about me just changes instantly. I wanted to cling to her all night, cuddle with her. I just want to be as much close as I can be to her. But I can't, because the moment I do something outside it will cause suspicion to everyone.