Broken Promise

Jennie

"Hun, do you think this will fit?" Lisa asked, scanning the folder of paint examples. I promise Lisa I will accompany her on picking designs for her new studio. She recently bought a place that matches her preferences. Plus the place is super close to our home.

My eyes scan on the sample paint combinations on the folder. "I think this will hun, it suits you." I pointed on a white and gray paint combination.

"Yeah right, I don't like colorful things." Lisa chuckled before closing the folder. Her arms pulled me to sit on her lap sideways. "Thank you for coming with me. Though you don't really have to, I know you are busy."

I smiled and gently peck her lips. "I promise I'll accompany you, didn't I?" Lisa lean in, ready to claim my lips with a smile when my phone rang, interrupting us. She motion me to answer it and I excuse myself.

"Unnie, I'm off todaaaayyy." I whine as I answer Dara's call from the PR team.

"I know. But you need to come here. Mr. Yang is looking for you." Him? Why would he be looking for me. Of course I'm working for him.

"Does Jisoo unnie knows?" Why would Dara call instead of Jisoo? She's my manager.

"I don't know. I was just asked to call you. Be here in 30 Jennie. Bye be safe." I groan in frustration. It was my day off! Its my Lisa time! Ugh.

"Everything alright?" I didn't notice Lisa approaching. I clung my arms on her neck and pouted, and her hands automatically resting on my waist.

"Mr. Yang wanted me to go back to the building. I don't want to~"

"You're adorable." She said, pinching my cheek. I pouted more. "It's alright, you can go. We're almost done here."

"But-"

"It's alright Jennieya. Just text me when you're done and I'll pick you up."

"Ok, laters baby." A playful smirk on my lips.

"Laters baby."

~

The ride to the building tells me something is wrong. Adding to the fact that Mr. Yang didn't inform Jisoo about this, or does she already know and forgot to tell me?

"Jennie over here." Dara called meeting me on the building entrance. On the way to Mr. Yangs office, I can't help but be bother.

"Unnie, did Mr. Yang told you the reason why he called me?"

"You'll know when you get there." Dara and I continued our way to the office. Moments later, we are standing outside the door that makes me uneasy for the last hour. Dara knocked on the door and lead me inside and left afterwards.

Mr. Yang sat on the single couch placed in between of two long couches opposite to each other. On te other couch sat a two American guy, I guess base on their looks all smiling to me.

"Jennie, come sit." Mr. Yang offered and I mouthed thanks. "So, Jennie. I want you to meet Mr. Will Smith and his son Jaden." I face the two man in front of me and offered a hand to shake.

"Hi, I'm Jennie Kim." I started.

The man called Mr. Smith flashed a smile. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Jennie. Heard so much about you. Actually, my son here is a huge fan of yours." I face his carbon copy beside him and smiled.