Chapter Five

[Where are you guys? Why is your bakery closed?]

Xiao Zhan was shocked when a message from Wang Yibo suddenly came in, after two weeks there was no news from him. They last met when Xiaoyi cried and fell asleep in the man's car. Usually, Wang Yibo would at least send a message about something completely unimportant, or come by the store. This was the first time there was no news from the man, even if it was only for a moment, but it still felt strange.

The man saw his father and mother having fun accompanying Xiaoyi to try some games. They were walking together in the shopping centre right now. He then returned to his phone and replied to Wang Yibo's message.

[At my parents' house]?

[What? Why all of a sudden...where's Xiaoyi?]

[Why send a message?]

[I want to see Xiaoyi]

[He's playing]

[When are you guys coming home?]

[Tomorrow]

[Let me see Xiaoyi for a bit]

Xiao Zhan sighed, why was the man acting like this, as if he has the right to Xiaoyi. Wang Yibo might be his father, but he didn't know that bringing them together would eventually make him want to meet and see Xiaoyi more. But the man realised that it wasn't Wang Yibo's fault if he continued to be attracted to Xiaoyi, because Xiao Zhan was the one who separated them without the consent of the two. A one-sided decision that he thought was the best choice he could make at the time.

The man finally took a video of Xiaoyi playing for a while and then sent it to the man.

Xiaoyi had finished playing and stopped by a toy shop before dinner, as his grandparents had promised yesterday.

Xiao Zhan whispered to his father, "Dad, don't buy him too much, we can't take all of them."

His father turned his head for a moment then replied as he looked back at Xiaoyi, who was busy choosing, "We'll send them to your house if your suitcase doesn't fit them."

Xiaoyi who suddenly looked up at his father asked, "Papa, can this fit in our bag?"

Surprised by the question that seemed to be able to read his mind, Xiao Zhan smiled and nodded, "Yes, Yiyi just choose which ones you want."

His mother smiled while rubbing her grandson's back, "Yiyi can take anything."

Xiaoyi had already chosen two toys that weren't that big. The boy looked thoughtful when his grandmother said that, then he replied, "Yiyi just wants these ones. Papa said you shouldn't buy too many things if you don't really need them."

His grandmother smiled with an expression that really couldn't stand seeing how smart and adorable Xiaoyi was. After paying for the three toys, they headed to a restaurant that Xiao Zhan used to frequently go to when he was still living with his parents, they had eaten there several times. And the only person who came to the restaurant with him the most was Wang Yibo.