Chapter Six

6 Years Ago

6 Years Ago

Xiao Zhan was listening to Wang Yibo's story about what he did on the set. They had started to see each other less now since Wang Yibo started filming. Xiao Zhan would not have met him if the young man had not come to see him during lecture hours like this. Even though the young man had repeatedly urged him, he had no intention of going to visit Wang Yibo on set. 

Xiao Zhan could see from Wang Yibo's attitude that the young guy loved what he was doing now because he was so excited and happy to talk about all of his experiences. He loved his job so much that he decided to actually take a leave of absence from college. And Xiao Zhan could feel how happy Wang Yibo was now.

"Is it what you imagined as a child?" Xiao Zhan asked while chewing his lunch.

Wang Yibo nodded, "Yes, although it's tiring, it's still pleasant to work with so many people in front of the camera. Back then, being in this place was just a child's dream to me."

Xiao Zhan smiled, "You've done well now."

The young man nodded enthusiastically, "I like it so much that I can't imagine what I would be like in the future if I quit. It's the only thing I want to accomplish the most. How about Zhan-ge?"

Xiao Zhan looked thoughtful for a while then replied, "Maybe I'll work as an ordinary person."

"You said you wanted to open your own bakery. The one you often make for me, it's delicious."

He nodded, "I guess I'll have to give it a try after graduation."

"I will be your first customer!" Wang Yibo exclaimed happily.

Xiao Zhan laughed, "I am honored that an artist will be my first customer."

Wang Yibo smiled, "I'm still the Wang Yibo that Zhan-ge knows. I will be angry if Zhan-ge treats me like a stranger."

"Alright, alright," Xiao Zhan replied.

They chatted there for no more than 30 minutes because Wang Yibo had to return to filming and Xiao Zhan still had classes. They also didn't know what day, or even what week they could meet again.

About two weeks later, Wang Yibo was surprised when Xiao Zhan suddenly didn't answer his calls. Usually, he would answer right away, or if he didn't have time, he would call back. But Wang Yibo had been waiting since this morning and it was almost dinner time. Since the filming finished around four in the afternoon, Wang Yibo decided to directly look for Xiao Zhan on campus but couldn't find him where he usually was. The young man instead runs into Xuan Lu who told him that Xiao Zhan didn't come to college today because he was sick.

Wang  Yibo was not too surprised to hear that. Since high school, Xiao Zhan had been absent from school quite often. Maybe this time the reason for being sick was the same, like seasonal fever or something. He intended to go straight to Xiao Zhan's house but his manager suddenly called saying that he had dinner with some drama staff and other artists. Finally, Wang Yibo gave up his intention and was going to visit Xiao Zhan after the dinner was over.