Chapter Nine

Xiao Zhan woke up with a bit of a shock when he realised two strong arms were embracing him

Xiao Zhan woke up with a bit of a shock when he realised two strong arms were embracing him. But the man immediately realised that the owner of the arm was Wang Yibo. He almost thought that what happened last night was just a dream.

He got up slowly but didn't get out of bed right away because he saw Wang Yibo's sleeping face. Yes, it did feel like a dream to wake up and see that man sleeping beside him. He had imagined this scene but did not expect it to materialise even though it would take years. The man only got off the bed after he was satisfied looking at Wang Yibo and saw the clock showing six in the morning.

Xiao Zhan walked out and closed the door to his room slowly. He checked his condition for a while and his fever had gone down although his head was still a little sore.

The man checked the kitchen and found it very messy because Wang Yibo tried to cook the porridge but somehow it turned out a failure. Now he felt quite hungry because he had not eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. He was supposed to eat before bed but the porridge Wang Yibo made failed and he was too weak to force himself to heat up the food in the refrigerator. So as soon as Xiaoyi had a chance to wake up, he immediately went back to his room and slept.

The man checked on his son for a while before deciding to clean up the messy kitchen. Today is Xiaoyi's last day of school because the school holidays are starting tomorrow. All students just come in to meet friends and say goodbye to the teacher so it's not as formal as usual. It was seven o'clock in the morning after Xiao Zhan finished cleaning the kitchen, including Wang Yibo's clothes that were just left in the living room. He had to get Xiaoyi ready to leave for school at eight o'clock. The man gently stroked his son's cheek to wake him up.

"Yiyi."

Xiaoyi woke up after Xiao Zhan called him twice. The boy's eyes widened when he saw his father.

"Papa! Are you okay?"

Xiao Zhan smiled as he nodded. Xiaoyi immediately hugged him.

"Papa is better now. Thanks to Yiyi too."

The child then let go of his arms, "Don't hurt anymore," He said with a sad face.

Xiao Zhan nodded, "Okay. no more pain. Oh, today's the last day of school. Tomorrow is Yiyi's day off."

The innocent little face immediately lit up.

They then came out of the room and Xiao Zhan helped his son to take a shower and put on his clothes as usual. Xiaoyi was already tidy and ready for breakfast when the boy then said, "Daddy isn't up yet?"

"Yes, what should we do?" Xiao Zhan asked with an expression like he was really confused.

"Yiyi wants to have breakfast with Daddy."

The man smiled gently, "Then how about Yiyi helps Papa to wake Daddy up, yeah?"

Xiaoyi immediately nodded excitedly and got off the chair and headed for his father's room.