Chapter Eleven

Wang Yibo called his parents briefly to tell them that Xiaoyi was sick

Wang Yibo called his parents briefly to tell them that Xiaoyi was sick. The atmosphere in his son's room then suddenly changed to silence, with only the ticking of the clock on the wall remaining active. Xiao Zhan's father and mother sat on the sofa behind their son. Wang Yibo sat on the right side of Xiaoyi's bed, facing Xiao Zhan, so he felt a little uncomfortable being able to see the man's mother and father, and vice versa. Their relationship is still as it was a few days ago. It was awkward to be in the same room when he knew that Xiao Zhan's mother and father clearly didn't like him. They must be just holding back at the moment because Xiaoyi is sick.

"Have you eaten?" Xiao Zhan asked quietly, breaking Wang Yibo's thoughts, who looked worriedly at Xiaoyi but also occasionally at the man's parents.

Slightly startled, the man's eyebrows rose. "Huh?"

Xiao Zhan repeated the question patiently, "Have you eaten?"

Wang Yibo reflexively replied after shaking his head, "No, not yet...I rushed over here."

Xiao Zhan's brows furrowed and he looked at the clock on the wall and it was nine in the morning. The man then turned to his mother and father. "I'll buy him some food and also for mum and dad too."

Wang Yibo interrupted quickly but quietly when Xiao Zhan stood up.

"No need."

Xiao Zhan looked at the man confused but he understood then. Wang Yibo wasn't ready to be left alone with his mother and father after what happened that night. But the man left them anyway, hoping they would be able to talk while he was gone.

That was what Xiao Zhan hoped would happen but until he returned about twenty minutes later, the atmosphere in the room was still the same as when he had left. Obviously no interaction whatsoever. His mother and father just sat as usual. Meanwhile, Wang Yibo was still sitting beside Xiaoyi holding his son's hand and looking worried because he didn't wake up. 

Xiao Zhan put the food on a fairly spacious table in front of the sofa where his mother and father were sitting. Wang Yibo actually didn't want to eat, his hunger disappeared somehow when he saw Xiaoyi's condition. However, because Xiao Zhan looked annoyed, he finally complied. But he didn't have time to do it when Xiaoyi's little body suddenly moved.

Xiaoyi slowly opened his eyes and the first person he saw was Wang Yibo. Xiao Zhan immediately smiled with a feeling of relief even though his son's fever had not gone down, at least he had opened his eyes. Wang Yibo who was sitting on the right felt the same relief and smiled broadly.

"Xiaoyi..." he called.

His eyes widened and his face looked like he was about to cry.

"Daddy..." Xiaoyi tried to get up to hug him so Wang Yibo quickly moved by reaching out and embracing the still hot little body. Xiaoyi ended up crying while hugging him.