(V)

I usually consider myself a patient person. I've been able to stay perfectly still for hours and hours, learning the proper ways of airbender meditation from Uncle Tenzin, ever since before I could even read or write.

But even I was starting to realize that all this waiting was getting us nowhere. Uncle Tenzin had been sitting down by the ruins, meditating for the entire day. It was already nighttime, and he wasn't close to getting into the Spirit World yet.

"Uncle Tenzin, maybe you should rest. You've been at this for hours now," I told him, but he shook his head firmly.

"No! Just give me some time."

"Stop being so stubborn. It's not your destiny. I think Jinora was meant to guide the Avatar," Aunt Kya said, making him give her an offended look.

"Jinora will not enter the Spirit World! She's not ready for the dangers of the other side, but I am. I've spent years training, studying, and mastering everything there is to know about the Spirit World."

"Tenzin, we're running out of time," Korra insisted.

"If everyone could just be quiet and let me focus."

"Uncle, I know you want to help, but Aunt Kya is right. Jinora's the one meant to guide her there," I told him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "She's a smart and strong girl. She'll be fine."

Uncle Tenzin looked at me for a moment before sighing in defeat. "Perhaps I will never have the connections with Spirits like I always wanted... like my father wanted me to have."

"It's okay, Daddy," Jinora said, hugging him.

"I'm proud of you," Uncle Tenzin assured her. "Go. Close the portal. We'll wait here and keep your bodies safe till you return."

"Be careful, alright?" I told Jinora, making her nod. I looked at Korra as well. "You too, Avatar Korra."

"Zaya..."

"The Spirit World awaits."

Korra sighed and she sat beside Jinora, entering a meditating position. Suddenly, Korra's eyes began to glow, and we knew she was in the Avatar State. Jinora had done it.

"They made it," I muttered, making Uncle Tenzin nod.

"It's up to the two of them now," he sighed. "I can't believe my little girl had to guide Korra into the Spirit World instead of me. If anything happens to her I won't be able to forgive myself."

"She's very smart, and she obviously has a strong connection to the Spirits. She'll be fine," Aunt Kya comforted him.

"Yeah, Dad went all the time!" Dad commented.

"They won't have their bending in there. They'll be defenseless!" Uncle Tenzin noted.

Dad cleared his throat, taking offense. "Ahem? Excuse me? But I've never had bending, and I don't think I'd call myself defenseless."

"Dad, that's not what he meant. You're used to fighting that way. Avatar Korra and Jinora aren't."

"Why don't you three get some sleep. I'll take the first watch," Uncle Tenzin offered.

I shook my head. "I'd prefer to stay awake, in case anything happens."

"Alright. Wake us up if you need us, okay?" Dad said, kissing the top of my head. "Good night."

"Don't worry, just rest," I assured them, before they laid on the ground beside us and closed their eyes.

Uncle Tenzin sighed heavily before placing his hand on Jinora's head gently. "Please come back soon."