(X)

"I can't get a clean shot!" Bolin cried out, as we kept trying to avoid the incoming attacks.

"You have to!" Mako responded.

"Just pretend you're training for a pro-bending match!" I told him, as I dodged an incoming lava boulder.

"Pro-bending matches don't allow BOILING HOT LAVA, Zaya!"

"Are we a go?" Wing asked through the walkie-talkie.

"No!" I yelled back.

"Copy that. We're a go," Wing said, literally doing the opposite of what I told him to do.

"Oh, they're dead," I said with a sigh. "BOLIN DO IT NOW!"

"But—"

"DO IT OR I'LL SHOOT YOU INSTEAD!"

Bolin seemed genuinely scared of my threat, because he gulped loudly and them proceeded to stand up and take the shot once and for all. Just in time, because Su and Chief Beifong were already descending on the attackers and Mrs. Hothead over there was all ready to blow them up. He hit her forehead with deadly accuracy, like I knew he would.

"Haha, nice job, little bro!" Mako congratulated him.

The Beifongs managed to get Korra and take her far away from them. The attackers weren't letting up easy, though, and it took a lot more fighting from the guards for them to finally give up and retreat. I tried to follow them with my gaze, but I couldn't see where they had all gone. So they would still be out there, probably waiting for us to let our guard down to attack Korra again.

***

"This should neutralize the shirshu toxins," Aiwei said, as he feed the antidote to Korra, back inside.

"How could you let this happen?! You assured me this was one of the most secure places in the world," Lin snapped at her sister angrily.

"It is. I don't know how this happened. Obviously this was a well-planned operation, so don't blame me," Suyin replied defensively.

"We searched the entire estate. There's no sign of them," Kuvira announced with a worried frown.

"Well, keep looking!" Lin ordered.

"It would seem they had some inside knowledge of Zaofu. They must've been working with someone," Aiwei noted.

"The guards. It had to be one of them," Korra immediately said, sitting up.

"I agree," Aiwei said.

"Question them all! Whoever betrayed my city will suffer the consequences!" Suyin declared firmly.

"Wait. How do we know it was a guard? It literally could've been any one of us," I said with a frown.

"Well, other than them, the only people able to know this much would be the Beifongs or us. So that really crosses out any other suspects," Mako noted.

"I guess so," I replied, but I wasn't really buying this. Something else had happened here.

***

Aiwei had interrogated almost every single guard in the entire city. Even Varrick and Zhu Li had been cleared at this point. Suyin had also been interrogated, at Lin's request. But there was still no signs of finding the traitor. Something really felt off about the whole thing.

"Give me your name and tell me where you are from."

"I'm Hong Li. I was born and raised here in Zaofu."