(IX)

"Hey, Opal!" I said, as I finally found her after not seeing her during breakfast. "Is everything okay?"

"We worried when we didn't see you during breakfast," Korra added.

She looked pretty defeated. "No. Kuvira has my family and no one seems to care but me."

"That's not true. I swear to you, you will get them back," I said confidently.

"Guys, there you are!" Jinora said, hurriedly running towards us with a worried look. "I just felt a weird surge of spiritual energy coming from the Spirit Wilds. Something's wrong."

That didn't sound good.

I didn't really like being in the Spirit Wilds. There was an eerie feeling to them that kind of creeped me out, like the Spirit Swamp. Thankfully, Jinora was the one with the undeniable connection to the Spirits, because I was definitely not the right person for the job.

We looked around, but there seemed to be nothing different about this place. It was the same combination of building ruins and invading vines that I'd gotten used to.

"Are you sure you felt a disturbance? Maybe you just had some bad food for breakfast," Opal suggested.

"I'm telling you, I felt it. Maybe something happened to Ryu's tour group. We should've run into them by now," Jinora insisted.

"Well... It is Ryu we're talking about. I wouldn't sweat it that much," I said with a sigh.

"Korra, can't you feel how strange the energy is?" Jinora asked her.

Korra shook her head. "No... but maybe I can get a reading."

Korra closed her eyes and put her right hand on the vine next to her. Suddenly, the vine began to glow in a familiar way, and in a matter of seconds, Korra removed her hand and gasped.

"Korra! Is everything okay?" I asked her worriedly.

"It was Kuvira. I saw her taking vines from the swamp. It must be affecting our Spirit Wilds. I bet that's what you were sensing, Jinora."

"Why is she taking vines?" Jinora asked.

"It can't be for a good reason. We have to tell the President. Maybe this will finally convince him and the other Nation Leaders to take action," I said with urgency. "Jinora, stay here and look for Ryu's group. We need to hurry."

***

"President Raiko, I'm sorry to interrupt, but..." Korra began, as we stormed into City Hall. However, she trailed off when she realized that there was a meeting already going on, including Uncle Tenzin, Chief Beifong, and even Mako. "What's going on here?"

"Oh, hey, Avatar Korra. Just kickin' it world leader-style, trying to figure out what to do about Kuvira. For the record, I told Raiko he should've invited you."

"You invited him," Korra said, pointing to Wu with annoyance. "But not me?"

"Korra, we need to focus on the important thing here," I said with a sigh.

"Zaya's right, Korra, it's not personal. We just thought, perhaps we called you back into action a little too soon," Uncle Tenzin said.

"Again, him but not me?" Korra repeated herself.

"Uncle, Korra does have a point."

"We're in the middle of a meeting and we can't have people just barge in whenever they want!" President Raiko reprimanded us.