Little White Lie

Little White Lie

Adriana's P.O.V.

    Two days precisely have passed and I haven't seen a single sign of the walking devil. It was as if he had completely disappeared, vanished, poof, no Ryder!

    I was extremely thankful for that yet a tad bit terrified of what he had in mind. But all I was informed about was that without a doubt, my senior year wasn't going as planned, all because of my boss's damned son.

    Would he dare to embarrass me in front of an immature audience in resemblance to what I have done? But knowing a thing or two about him, he would have a better idea stored within.

    I re-adjusted the pen in my hand, and continued solving the mathematical equation plastered on the paper. I never was the best at algebra, geometry, trigonometry; math in general. I had to work extra hard when it came to numbers.

    But when we were dealing with science, I was just naturally great at it. Ever since I was a little girl I've possessed hopes and dreams of receiving an acceptance letter from the medical field. Curing and helping people was something I would love to do for a living. There was no assurance of achieving my goal but I enjoyed thinking I could. The image of myself in scrubs and putting a smile on a desperately sick person's face made me extremely happy.

    I sighed and smacked my forehead with the pillow nearby. Thousands of questions roamed my head in a thread, questions such as 'why couldn't the future be here already? Will I become a doctor? Will I still live this horrible life? Would I have a family of my own? Hell, would I even be alive?

    But the big question was, would I ever see her again? No, I would never since I refuse too. She easily abandoned her ten year old daughter for no logical reason, even if she had one, she could've told me. She could've visited, called, even a simple text would've been great. But she never did and that ignited a burning fire within and an ache in my heart. A girl was in need of her mother to guide her through life, tell her all about Mother Nature and what it does to your body when you're young, what clothes to wear or how to put makeup on. They say a girl needed a female figure in her life and I would love to have one, but this was my destiny. My destiny was to live a horribly miserable life filled with drugs, alcohol mistreatment, all from my "father".

    I laid on my back and stared at the peeled ceiling. I needed to get some fresh air as fast as possible in order to clear my head from the horrendous thoughts.

    I heavily sighed and pulled myself upwards. I threw on a blue sweatshirt and tied my hair up into a messy bun. After securing my feet with my dirty dark shoes, I opened the door slightly and the creaking sound made my eyes widen. I slipped out and closed the door behind me. I tip-toed down the stairs, ever so quietly. He was usually asleep at such an hour so I didn't have to worry about a thing. The minute my foot touched the last staircase, I heard his deep raspy and dislike worthy voice.

    "Where the hell do you think you're going?" I stared at his appearance and grimaced at the sight. His baggy white t-shirt had multiple stains of different beverages. His hair was ruffled, tangled and sticking up in every direction. His dark under eye circles were visible from miles away, and his revolting beard held some nasty yellow substance.

    "I—um have school stuff." my voice was barely a whisper but the shakiness visible in it gave away my lie.

    "What kind of school is this, huh? First you tell me you'll be staying up 'till ten, now you also go out for school stuff in the morning? I may be drunk but I'm not stupid," he exclaimed ever so harshly, narrowing his light eyes at me.