Two Boys & a Pen

Two Boys & a Pen

Adriana's P.O.V.

    "I'm Cecile, this lovely man's girlfriend."

     The exceptionally shocking and earth shattering words I never dreamt of ever hearing roared through my ear drums. My azure like irises captured my father's evergreen ones, and his were nothing but a blank page. My tongue was tied down by chains, having no ability to utter a single word. On the other hand, my thoughts were on the verge of insanity.

    As our gazes kept on intensifying, Cecile whom was a duplicate of my mother, remained smiling at my figure. But I payed no attention to her, all I could think of was 'what changed?'

    For seven years, he hadn't dared to look at a woman. He hadn't stopped thinking of my mother. He hadn't thought of anyone other than her. Seven years later, here he was with another.

    "Adriana, come with me to the kitchen, please." Please. He managed to speak such a foreign word on his tongue. The ever so sudden serenity and calmness riddled to his tone was dreadful.

    With the pasta sauce dripping from every corner of my physique, I warily and cautiously followed his trail. Once we entered the kitchen safely, I kept a great distance between us.

    "Why are you covered in food?" he initiated the conversation that I hoped we wouldn't talk about.

    "I. . . um, well—" before continuing, he thankfully interrupted.

   "It doesn't matter, just go to your room." he said with a soft sigh.

    I raised a brow at the fact that he wasn't going to explain what was occurring as we spoke. He had no intention of filling in the blank spaces and it somewhat aggravated me. A mental debate commenced within my brain, whether I should ask about Cecile or not. Whether I should interrogate on the fact that he out of nowhere found another woman. But why should I care? He never was a father to me and never will be.

    "C-Can I ask you something?" I couldn't help myself. Deep down in the core of my heart, I knew well enough that I had to know everything.

    He took a few steps closer, and I froze in fear. "What?"

    With a gulp, I collected a bit of courage. "Who's she?" I started off simple, with no questions concerning my mother.

    "She said it back in there, she clearly stated it." Till this hour, he had no facial expression whatsoever and he grasped a monotone.

   "Right. I just thought there would be more to it."

    "More to it? Like what?" the man's arm arose, his fingers stuck to one another, and within instinct, my head turned to the left and I flinched. But surprisingly, he ran his hand through his hair. Due to my reaction, his gaze intensively locked with mine. We stood there for awhile, and once I realized I would receive no information on that lady, I left.

    The flaming hot droplets of water struck my delicate yet flawed skin, descending ever so gradually from the top of my head to the tip of my toes. I viewed the falling water and recalled how my life went from an amazing one and fell to what I'm living currently.

    Crystal clear images of my mother flashed before my eyes; portraits of my father's lively smile and my mother's charming laugh played within my mind.