Say Yes To The Dress

Adriana's P.O.V.

Last time I've worn a dress was when I was below the age of ten, and I was forced every single time. I wasn't a fan of dressing up, I felt comfortable in my jeans and sweatshirt. The image of me in a dress was totally cringe-worthy. Was it too late to decline?

Ryder was a few feet in front of me and didn't even think of sneaking a glance in my direction. We took the escalator to the second floor and neither one of us muttered a word during our journey.  Not that I was complaining.

Once we arrived at the second floor, I mentally chuckled, the floor basically screamed money. At least fifteen ostentatious and expensive boutiques occupied the right lane. We entered the first store and I heavily sighed. It had only been five minutes and I was already exhausted and revolted by what was hung in front of me.

Ryder strode in confidently as if he owned the place. He raised one muscular arm and snapped his fingers. As soon as he did what he did, a lady immediately ushered the customers out and locked the doors. Was that really necessary? As she did so, him and I waited patiently as if the woman wasn't throwing out angry customers.

He approached another lady that looked around the age of twenty but dressed like a senior citizen. She wore a long, grey and neatly knitted pencil skirt. A white collared shirt tucked in covered her upper body parts, and a grey blazer that was a shade darker than her skirt was draped on her shoulders. She finished off the look with a pair of heels. Her hair was secured in a low bun and not even one strand of hair escaped the knot. A flirtatious smile played on her blood red lips as soon as she noticed Ryder.

"Mr. Morgan," she breathed out. Where was your self-control, woman?

Her false lashes fluttered incessantly that I was tempted to peel those dark wings off of her eyes. I stared at the red colored substance applied on her thin lips for a second. The lipstick was fading and some of the lipstick combined with one another, forming tiny circles. I tried hiding the disgust.

"Yeah you, take her and let her try on some dresses until she finds one that looks decent on her." she finally noticed me standing behind him once he stepped to the side. She shot me a disdainful look as she took in my attire. She faked a smile for Morgan once she was done examining my outfit and spoke.

"With all do respect, Mr. Morgan, but this task is going to be very difficult considering she looks like. . . that." she gestured towards what I was dressed in and my left brow rose about a millimeter.

"I rather dress my age than a woman who's on the verge of death." I shot back and Ryder tried to hold in the chuckle that dared to escape his lips. She frowned at my statement and was about to open her bad mouth again but Ryder beat her to it.

"I would love to witness this little cat fight, but we have business to get down too so let's go. . . person lady." never in my life have I ever heard anyone address another as 'person lady'.

"Her name tag is right there, you imbecile." I pointed at her chest and slightly shook my head at his idiocy. She gasped dramatically at my choice of words and Ryder clenched his perfectly defined jaw whilst balling his fist. I smirked at his reaction. Didn't take long to get him all worked up.

"I didn't ask you, moron."

"I don't care, dimwit."

"Shut up and let's get this over with. The sooner you're gone, the better." well there was something we both agreed on. The stunned sale's girl and I walked further inside the store and Ryder took a seat at the couch in front of the changing room. I closed my eyes shut and prayed to God that I wouldn't pass out.