Kill Myself For a Guy?

Adriana's P.O.V.

A tiny amount of relief washed over me once I realized I had one more giant step to accomplish before I could wholeheartedly continue my plan.

My gaze drifted towards the watch secured on my thin wrist; the time stroke five thirty, meaning my shift was going to initiate soon. With trembling hands, I permitted my hands to knock on the chipped wooden door that belonged to his bedroom. Minutes later, my anxiety ridden being received no reply so I allowed myself to enter.

My vision caught the sight of him scribbling down on a bronze tinted journal that appeared worn-out and archaic. Once his eyes spotted me on the doorway, he speedily yanked the drawer beside his bed open, throwing the notebook in. I noticed the anger building up in within him, and I grimaced at the acknowledgment.

"What do you want?" he began with bitterness lacing his voice.

"I just wanted to tell you that I have some after school activities that are from six till ten o'clock, so I won't be home." as I spoke my words in a soft and inaudible tone, I lowered my gaze to the ground.

"Oh, really? Who's going to get me crap that I need?" the man I referred to as my father oh so kindly asked.

"I'll have everything ready at the table before I leave,"

"I don't give a shit. Now go put my needs on the table." I inhaled deeply and ever so sharply at his words and attempted to remain calm.

Being the uncaring man he was, he didn't query on what activities I was going to be attending to. From my personal experience, I have never heard of a school that would do such a thing.

Entering the kitchen that retrieved an aroma consisting of alcohol and the unpleasant stench of garbage, I snatched the beer bottles, Jack Daniels, And the rest of his favorites. I placed the cigarettes on the coffee table present in the living room in case he earned for them. Last but not least, the water bottle and aspirin he rarely digested.

Grabbing the bag pack that occupied my uniform, I happily exited. I was in no position of wearing my uniform at home and leaving, or else he would be educated on the fact that I had a job. Sprinting like my life depended on it out of the bus, I immediately flew the ladies room door open and drove straight to a vacant stall. I harshly stuffed my previous clothing in the bag and zipped it up. I then stood in front of the glassy and glimmering mirror and ogled myself. The blue irises that twinkled and shone with happiness I once owned were long gone and replaced with dull and lifeless ones. I collected my brown locks in a pony tale, followed by rinsing my hands and exiting. Quickly buttoning the, I entered the packed and noise filled kitchen. Over twenty chefs were present and cooking behind the stoves . . . wow.

I strolled over to where Anna stood and she happily handed me a device where I could type in the order and it'll directly be sent to the kitchen workers. The last restaurant I worked at only threw at me a pen and paper.

With a fake, vibrant smile plastered on my features, I speed walked to the first table that were in need for my service.

"Hi, I'm Adriana and I'll be your waitress for the night. So what can I get for the lady?" I directed my attention to the middle aged woman dressed in red.

"I'll have the Choucroute garnie," she spoke in her delicate, feminine voice.

"And what would you like to drink?" I furthered my inquiry.

"White wine." after typing that in, I looked over at the man.

"And you sir?"

"I'll have the same." he said with clear annoyance lacing the tone he chose to speak in.