The Scandalous Deal

The Scandalous Deal

Adriana's P.O.V.

With hesitance being the main feeling consuming my body, I softly knocked on the wide, creamy colored wooden door. My heavily sweaty palms anxiously wrapped around the golden knob, waiting for her reply. I assumed her office was the one I eavesdropped at before, but I was mistaken. The place was huge, so how I made that assumption was beyond me. I was dragged away from my thoughts once I heard her stern yet soft voice mutter a 'come in'.

I swallowed my saliva greedily and rapidly, opening the door slowly and stepping inside, leaving the wooden door partially open. "You asked to see me, Ms. Williams?" there she was, looking as good as ever sitting on her chair. For a grown woman, she looked quite young. She was stunning, there was no doubt about that. She and Ryder had no resemblance except for the warm, chocolate brown eyes that seemed welcoming and comforting. Oh, how fooling those eyes could be. Whilst he had dark hair, hers was a dirty blonde color, and cascaded down her back in long, pin straight locks. Her complexion was as light as day, whilst his was a soft olive color.

Her lips were coated in a light pink color and her hair was tied back in a tight knot, today. I wondered how Mr. Morgan had the initiative to divorce a woman like that. Sure, Reyna was pretty, but it would be insulting to compare her to Ms. Williams.

"Yes, yes I have Adriana. Please take a seat." I leered at the chair in revulsion but had no choice but to obey. Sitting down would mean she planned on talking for long. I gave her a forced, weak smile as I took a seat. I played with the hem of my shirt and analyzed her office, but she cleared her throat, and my gaze focused on her.

"You're aware of what the tabloids are saying about you and my son, correct?" she started the conversation in a dangerously low tone, that would have anyone with a pulse overfilled with fear. I gulped and nodded my head, hesitantly.

I swore to myself at that moment, if I lost my job, I would plan Ryder's demise, and make it an excitingly fantastic one.

"I have two questions for you," her voice was stern and formal. She studied my face thoroughly and I tried my hardest not to cower away. Her face seemed challenging, as if she was waiting for me to crack. "Is all of this true? And if so, why hasn't my son told me?" whilst muttering her last sentence, I noticed the sadness that laced her usual dour and formal voice.

I shook my head in a frantic manner."No, ma'am. None of it is true. Not one bit." I denied promptly. She raised a perfectly threaded eyebrow at my words and my shoulders sunk at the sudden realization; she was nowhere near to believing me.

"Are you certain? Because the magazines are saying otherwise. And might I add, there's a video." she stated clearly not convinced.

"Let me explain-" before I could continue my sentence, the door flung open and the knob banged on the wall, creating a very harsh and loud sound to erupt in the room. Miss Williams and I snapped our heads towards that direction and discovered that none other than the infamous Ryder Morgan barged into the room.

My eyes descried that he was still dressed in his fitted suit and tie, appearing just as polished as he did earlier. His hair on the other hand, looked slightly bedraggled, like he's been running his fingers through it multiple times. I stood up instantly, and once our eyes managed to lock, his expression changed from a worried to a relieved one. A genuine look masked his features and a smile spread across his face. My brows knitted in confusion and my nose scrunched up in disbelief. Were my eyes fooling me? The devil looked. . . genuine? I remained eerie for an instant of time, but then the hint of fakery in his smile managed to appear. I just knew he wasn't capable of smiling.