Soup and Coke Situation

Adriana's P.O.V.

With a soft thank you, I raised the tray overflowing with food from the lunch lady behind the counter and turned around. As I swiveled, my gaze was fixated on the dark ground. My lack of focus resulted in me spilling the content in my plate on the person in front of me. I was close to apologizing for my clumsiness until I noticed who that person was. Every eye in the cafeteria peered at me as if I committed a sinful crime.

    "You fucking bitch." Ryder's deep voice roared in anger. His face transformed into a deep shade of red from the fury that was building up within him. People all around me whispered and stared at us wide-eyed. I felt self-conscious and wanted to run away right then and there.

    My eyes traveled down his body and watched as the soup ran down his shirt and slightly showed off his sturdy, muscular physique.

    "It was an accident," I whispered softly. I didn't want to grab any unwanted attention, but I failed at that once again. He snatched some napkins from a student passing by and the kid jerked back and his face masked a horrified expression.

    "Accident my ass," he hissed harshly at me. What could I say, periods.

    He wiped any excess soup on his now ruined clothing, but his harsh, dark eyes didn't break any eye contact.

    "You ruined my fucking shirt, and you pulled another stunt when I clearly told you to not fucking cross paths with me." his already dark eyes transformed into a darker shade and his nostrils flared.

    "Stop acting like a drama queen, I clearly said it was an accident-" he cut me off with a grating growl which caught me off guard.

    "Don't go calling me names, bitch. And don't you ever watch where the hell you're going?" I ignored his useless question and placed my tray on the lunch lady's counter. I grabbed a coke bottle from the adjacent table. I opened it and stood on the tip of my toes.

    I smirked mischievously as the dark liquid poured from his hairline to his feet. People once again gasped and The Asshole looked like he was ready to murder. I didn't know if it was possible, but his eyes grew even darker than they were. His arms tensed and he clenched his defined jaw. The veins in his bulky arm popped out and he balled his fists.

    "No one calls me a bitch twice and gets away with it." I harshly threw the bottle on the floor and walked out of the cafeteria without glancing at anyone. Why was I littering?

    I may regret doing this later on but what's in the past was in the past.

    Oh well.

    I decided on going to my next class early. Girls from every corner shot me nasty looks. Great, now the whole female population including The Asshole, hate me. Well, at least the guys don't, since they winked and smirked at me after the whole scenario.

    I pushed those useless thoughts to the back of my mind and took a seat. The class was empty since it would start in about twenty minutes.

• • • • • • •

    The day ended slower than I hoped, but I didn't see any trace of The Asshole, so that was pleasant. I opened the dusty door and walked in, being welcomed with the stretch of nothing other than juicy steal? I always attempted to cool for myself, or I would just buy any junk food, so that was different.

    I walked inside the kitchen and there he was, stirring some kind of substance in a pan. I was taken aback by his actions. When I was younger he always did the cooking since he was an amazing cook, and my mother barely knew how to make a sandwich. He turned around at the sound of my feet.