Hide and Seek

Sanjana just stormed out of the parking area after the bitter conversation with Varun. She dint anticipated him to be so mean. For once in life, she felt very low about her. She was actually scared to face anyone including her friends, as they have warned her multiple times before her crush confession. She was weeping all her way back to shelter. Without having the guts to face anyone, she directly went inside the washroom and locked herself.

Sensing her fishy behavior, her friends decided to talk to her once she was back. But it took 5 hours for her to come out after putting immense efforts by her friends. They went to an extend of calling her parents and shouting her name and that's when she came out looking pale.

Santhiya : Are you nuts ? Do you have any sense ? What the hell were you doing inside the bathroom this long ?

Sanjana was just crying without giving an answer

Saranya : Cant you hear us ? Please talk to us..

Sanjana was crying hard and that was the only response. Though she talked her heart out to varun, she was still not able to take up the tag he gave her and she wasn't ready to face her friends.

After composing herself, she narrated her friends about their conversation, her current mind state, her anger and also her perspective towards Varun.

Sanjana: You girls did warn me of my action but whatever varun did today was least expected atleast by me. I couldn't believe him to think of me this low. What pains me more is, being hurt by our likes ones. ( Assuming even her friends would talk ill about her) Of course I couldn't expect him to like me back, but the least  could be some politeness in his words. She sighed heavily thinking about the incident.

Divya: It's okay Sanju. Atleast you stayed true to yourself, if you had been manipulated by our thoughts, you would have felt bad. But atleast you told him about your feelings and he showed his true colors to you. He is not worth of your affection. Just ignore him and move on.

Eventhough Varuns words pierced Sanjana's heart like a knife, she couldn't unlike him. But her self respect prohibited her from developing attractions towards him any further. She decided to mind her business, predominantly not crossing path with him again.

On the other hand, Varun felt bad about his actions. Though he was angry, Sanju was not at all the reason, but he just vented it out on her. He was actually planning to get into her friend zone , but eventually ended up in the block list just because of his hasty action. Had he been thought for a moment, he would never let out those words.

Varuns conscience had been torturing him with multiple questions which he couldn't even reply.

Varuns Conscience (VC) : Hello Sir ... Is this the first time you had been in a gossip ?

Varun : A moment of silence. No...

VC : You had been gossiped with every pretty girl who either sighted you or followed you. But none of those gossips impacted you.

Varun: Yes, I had been the subject of gossip even before, but this time even my friends doubted me.

VC: If you had been open about your likings towards her or about her crush confession to your friends, why would they doubt you in first place.

Varun: I dint hide it purposely. I just dint find worth a discussion.

VC: if you felt it that unworthy, why are you bothering about either the enquiries or the gossips.

Varun : But the gossip was demeaning the character of a girl.

VC: So do you !

Varun : Haan ... What ?

VC : Even you did the exact thing . You just demeaned her character with your very own low words. You just prioritized your anger over other things and it caused a huge blunder.

Varun could realize the impact of those idiotic words on her. He had never been this bad to anyone. He badly wanted to apologize to her and make things smooth between them.

The next few days , both Varun and Sanjana couldn't meet even for a flash of a second, Though Varun badly wanted to meet her and apologize, it was Sanjana who dint come out of her den. She was either in her hostel or in the training room for two long weeks so that he could never get to meet her, just in case, if he tried to.

After two weeks, the hide and seek kinda got ended when Varun came into Sanjana's training room with couple of his friends. Sanjana jerked for a moment and composed herself as she saw him walking towards the front of the room while she was seated close to the room entrance door.

Varun along with his friends came to announce about the upcoming event for Fine Arts which would help the company to identify their corporate talents. He had mentioned about group dance, couple dance, singing and also volunteers for MCing the event. He was constantly gazing at her while making the entire announcement, but she was purposely avoiding him by bending her head down. But he tried his best to make her look at him atleast for a glimpse of a moment. But little did he know was she already watching him through her corner of eyes.

Thank you !