My Bright Moon

"Ivanukkaga morning seekram elunthu kulichu, azhaga Saree katti poo vachuttu vantha.. aalaye kaanum" Sanjana murmured under her breath as she had been waiting at the wedding hall's entrance for more than half an hour.

Each passerby was amazed to look at the angel in disguise. She was wearing a beautiful Yellow color silk Saree with pink  zari border. She matched her Outfit with pink and gold jhumkas and necklace. She graced her hands with a dozen of bangles. Eyes kohled and highlighted with liner, bindi between the perfectly threaded brows and finally strings of jasmine as per his likings. Her friends gave a wide smile and a huge thumbs up on seeing her, while she was about to leave. She was a treat to watch and that made everyone to look at her, some with amusement, some with admiration and some with lust.

"All excited to meet you", she mimicked varun while reminiscing their convo the day before. "Excited am excited... one week ku apram meet panna porome, vanthu pick up than pannala , time ku kooda va vara mudiyala, ethavathu excuse sollatum... Appo irukku"
she scolded him internally when she had to face all those stares at her.

At the same time, she was much worried as he would never miss her call or atleast he would return it back within 10 minutes. This increased her worry in folds.. "Oru vela odambu sari illayo, illa vera yaarukkavathu ethavathu problem Ah, illa ivanukku ethavathu... illa illa ... Kaduvule kadavule kadavule, avana seekram en kannu munnadi kootitu vanthudu.. avanukku ethuvum aagi irukka koodathu" she made her prayers which could be heard by anyone if they are standing even a feet away from her.

Immediately Her mobile beeped indicating a message as if Kadavul has immediately addressed her worries. It was a message from him "on my way". She felt relaxed as his message put a period for her worries and fears. Once the worries faded away, her anger enhanced.

"Na evlo call panninen, text panninen, Romba casual ah "on my way" nu reply panran. Innikku varattum irukku avanukku" she spoke to herself in a low voice.

Sanjana's Brain : Ippo lam nalla pesu... Avan sorry de nu sonna apram, aaah nu avan vaaya paathuttu Nillu...

Sanjana's mind : Yeah that's there. I couldn't be angry on him when he target my weak point.

Sanjana's Brain : What are those weak points ?

Sanjana Mind : His eyes, smile, dimples, base voice, when he calls me de...

Sanjana Brain : Niruthu niruthu...Enna list perusa pogitte irukku.. you could have simply told that the moment he appears infront of you, your angry would flew miles away...

Sanjana Mind: Hey no no no... I couldn't let that happen today. He would certainly see my anger today.

She began to walk back and forth when she was into a battle between her mind and brain and that's when a woman early in her 50s came near her.

Woman : Hello ma... I have been noticing you for quite a longer time.. Are you waiting for someone?

Sanjana : Hi Aunty... Yeah been waiting for someone....

Woman : Are you waiting for your parents or relatives ?

Sanjana nodded her head horizontally with a blush filled face.

Woman : Oh I got it from your blush. You seem to be unmarried, are you expecting your lover.

She just smiled with that blush filled face.

Woman : Sari. come and sit with me till he comes.

Sanjana : Okay aunty.

Woman : Hmmm... after some minutes of silence, Are you sure the person loves you as well.

Sanjana's face changed and asked : what made you to raise that question aunty...

Woman : You have been waiting for a long time, but couldn't find any sign of him... That's why.

Sanjana : Athukku... He might got stuck up in traffic or might have had some last minute works. He would never make me wait without any valid reason, replied politely.

Woman : Un lover ah pathi yaarayum pesa vida maata pola... avlo pidikkuma...

Eventhough she was angry at him for making her wait, she just couldn't give up on him to a stranger woman. Whatever might be their problem, she thought it should be between them.

Sanjana : Enna question ithu.. Kandippa Romba pidikkum. I love him so much ..

Woman : Hmmm... Do you think he loves you as much as you do ?

Sanjana : Ofcourse yes and I'm sure about it.

Woman : I hope that he should be really what you think...

Sanjana : Kandippa aunty. I trust him more than myself.

Woman : Hmmmm... After a brief silence, what if he ever behave so bad that you would loose the trust.

Sanjana : Aunty... " Don't trust anyone blindly but if you trust someone don't let go off it easily" that's what my parents taught me. It took a lot of time to trust him, but I'm sure I would never loose my trust on him rather he would never make me do it.

Woman : Even though you look younger, you have a great clarity on what you are doing.

Sanjana : It all comes from the upbringing and morales by elders like you aunty...

Woman : Your parents have really brought up well... Na yaarune unakku theriyathu... Enakku Nee reply pannanum nu entha avasiyamum kedayathu... Even then, Na ivlo questions kekkum pothu kooda you dint ill treat me or showed faces to me. You behaved well with a smile plastered face...

Sanjana : Aunty, you look like my mother, Na love panren nu sonna Enga amma Intha questions lam kekka maatangala... Athu mathiri than I thought...

Woman : Cracked her knuckles for dhrishti... Paaka apdiye mahalakshmi mathiri irukka ma... Paaka mattum illa even your character is divine... Evlo humble ah pesara... Vitta en paiyanukku kalyanam panni vachuduven...

Sanjana : Aunty... Unga paiyanukku kandippa nalla ponnu kedaippa... she indirectly replied her.

"Already kedachachu" the woman thought to herself. She was happy that her son varun has chosen the right girl.

But it was not just happiness for varun, it was a proud moment for him when he heard their conversation behind the wall. The way she defended him towards his own mother made him jump out of joy (of course she doesn't know the fact though)

All of his ifs and buts vanished, Like the clouds moving away to display the moon, she stood there beautifully with her love towards him.

—————

Thank you !

Please do vote and comment if you like the chapter.