Chapter 3: Power Play

August 8th Centium City penthouse (Chase's POV)-

It was hard living with Maddie. She was still so cute but at the same time she was incredibly hot. When she would work she would bite her lip just like she used to do when we were working in the lab. Those were the moments that I would want to wrap her in my arms. Things weren't the easiest anymore.

"Hey Chase, what're you doing?" Oliver asked, breaking me out of my thoughts, I walked into the kitchen with a bucket.

"Oh, I just reinforced all the windows with an impenetrable polymer I designed to keep this place safe from any threat." I explained distantly. My eyes wandered to a certain brunette on the couch across the room.

"Oh yeah? Well..." Oliver held up a sandwich. "I just made myself a grilled cheese."

"Mm, something smells good." Skylar said as we walked in.

"Yep. That's my sandwich." Oliver explained.

"No, smells more like reinforced polymer." Skylar said and this got Maddie's attention. I went over to the desk and set down my supplies.

"Oh, you!" Oliver pointed at Skylar and accidentally shot a bit of water at her.

"Oliver!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident." He sighed. "I'm still trying to get the hang of my powers."

"Oh, you poor thing. It must be so hard for you." Skylar exclaimed.

"Skylar, tha– that's not what I meant." Oliver tried.

"No, no, no. Thank you once again for reminding me how you have powers and I don't." She exclaimed before taking his sandwich and leaving.

"Alien chicks... Am I right?" Oliver said, turning to me.

"Yeah, I still don't get it." My gaze followed Maddie as she left the room. "If Skylar was born a superhero, then why didn't she have any powers?"

"She used to, but a human-turned-mutant called the Annihilator drained them out of her. Put them on a shelf as a trophy." Oliver had to explain. How he kept a straight face, I don't know.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but you have to agree. That just sounds ridiculous!" I laughed. I walked over to Oliver. "Look, if Skylar's gonna be part of this team, then I have got to find a way to get her powers back."

"No. I have to be one to get her powers back."

"Why you?" I asked, that makes no sense.

"Because. Then she falls in love with me, then we get married, then we live our happy little superhero lives together forever in a space castle!" He exclaimed.

"You know, in your funny yet creepy little world, I believe that could happen." I smirked.

"I've been trying to get back her powers for years. So far no luck." He said sadly.

"Well, that's because you didn't have my vast scientific knowledge to help you, and now you do. I'll even give you all the credit so she thinks you're the hero."

"Thanks buddy. You're the best, you know one day I'll do something for you." Oliver pointed at me and shot a stream of water in my face.

"You could start by getting me a towel." I groaned as I wiped the water off my face.

Davenport Industries Offices (Maddie's POV)-

There were too many people at the penthouse so I came to work in my office. That clearly wasn't the best idea. The minute I got into the building three people were on me looking for me to solve every little problem. Two hours later I finally made it to my office. Now I'm starting to realize why Davenport had me as an assistant in the first place.