Chapter 8: Haunted

WARNING! This chapter is full of slash and dark themes if this is something you don't think you can handle please skip it! I'll leave a summary below without and slash.

September 21st *Unknown* (Maddie's POV)-

Waking up was not fun. It was even less fun when I felt the straps against my arms and legs and running across my chest. The pounding headache was just the cherry on top.

It wasn't hard to recognize the place I was being held captive in. I was in the same room where I lost my powers. My muscles tensed as the door opened. It was hard to make out the features of the man that walked in until he stood before me.

"Douglas? What's going on? Is everyone okay?" My body relaxed a bit seeing a trusted face but I quickly was brought back.

"I would be more worried about your own well being." The man quickly walked to the side of the surface I was lying against hitting a motor, causing it to stand me up. Before I could question him any further He left the room he came in through.

It felt like hours as I stood there. The dull pain from my sore muscles and the straps around me making itself known. My senses became alert as I heard the door squeal on it's hinges. This time it was Kaz that came through the door, but he didn't seem like himself. Rarely have I ever seen Kaz with a solemn expression.

His hands were lit aflame as he came closer to me. "It's all your fault." He growled before proceeding to throw a fireball at my gut, the impact was worse than the burn, as it knocked the air out of my lungs.

"You could've saved them all!" I had no clue what Kaz was talking about. I was mainly just focused on his attacks. This time he let the fire burn out before he placed his hands on my bare arms. He let the temperature rise slowly in his hands prolonging my pain. "You didn't even try to save the heroes, why would you? It wasn't like you were actually ever one of us."

Trying as hard as I could to move my arms away but the heat only continued to intensify. I could feel the pain searing through both arms, like he was sending waves of heat through me. Holding in any sign of pain wasn't an option anymore. I started screaming with each raise in the temperature, his words only breaking my walls down faster. But I wouldn't give up, I had to fight.

"That's, that's not true." I winced as he sped up the pace. "I wanted to save them."

"You liar!" Kaz finally remove his hands from your arms, only to slam them into your neck, cutting off air completely. You tried gasping for breath but Kaz intensified the heat to the point where everything stopped, even me.

. . .

"Looks like you had a nice nap." Douglas chuckled, raising your platform once again. For a second you thought it was all a dream but there you are still in the same room, the only evidence Kaz was ever here were the now faint burns on your arms and neck. Douglas left you alone once again and you tried to think things through but the sound of the door opening stopped you once again. This time it was Oliver.

I didn't want to believe that he would hurt me but here we were. Instead of coming straight towards me he began to circle me, probably thinking what he'd do. Step after step echoed throughout the room causing panic to rise in me.

"You know, Volt was always one of my favorite heroes. I was always a bit upset when the comics stopped." He spoke solemnly. As he spoke I started to notice that he was dropping the temperature in the room. Soon he would be fine but I was already beginning to get cold. "When we met I never imagined one of my favorite heroes had fallen so low. Completely powerless."

He stepped in front of me, so close that I could feel his icey breath on my face. I tried turning away as much as I could but the restraints stopped me. "You're weak."