Chapter 10: The List

After all the tests Liv ran on me and everyone came to check up on me, I went back upstairs. I found Chase in the kitchen but continued my journey upstairs finding a certain bedroom. "What are you doing in here?" Oliver asked, giving me a skeptic look as I made my way into the boys' room.

I made my way to Chase's desk grabbing the small box that was still hidden in his desk drawer. "I'm just grabbing something that Chase was keeping for me." I said with a giddy smile.

"Okay, weirdo." Oliver hummed before going back to his video game.

I placed the ring in its rightful place before going back to Chase. "Hey, Chase, can we talk?"

"Yeah I guess." He said sadly.

"So, the whole dream thing helped me think things through." I said keeping my hands behind my back. He kept his eyes on his book still filled with sorrow.

"Yeah, what things?" He asked dryly.

"Well, I think I'm gonna get an assistant for starters you know help get things balanced." I had to bite my lip to hold back my smile.

"Yeah?" He asked, not giving me his attention.

"Yeah. I think I wanna give my love life another chance too." That got his attention as he squirmed a bit in his seat. "There's this guy that I've liked for a while and I think I'm gonna give him a chance."

Chase huffed as he closed his book, "Look Maddie, I'm fine being friends but I don't want to hear about your love life."

"You sure? Cause he's a really great guy, he even wanted to propose." I said, showing him the ring. Chase looked up confused at first then noticed the ring. "I kinda said yes without telling him though, you think he'll be upset?"

He quickly stood up, moving over to me and grabbing my hand to make sure that it was his ring. The look of pure joy and bewilderment on his face made me laugh a bit. "Wait but Madds, you really want to do this? I mean we don't have to get married right away?" Chase said with a mix of joy and panic. I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Chase, I've loved you for years, you're the only one I want to be with." I smiled but I stepped back for a second. "But do you really want to be with me? I mean after everything that-"

He pulled on my hips and planted his lips on mine, stopping my doubts. His lips were so soft but he kissed me so passionately. I smiled into the kiss as my hands played with the little hairs on the nape of his neck. We pulled away for breath and we held our foreheads together. "So you wanna marry me?" I asked breathlessly and he chuckled.

"Absolutely." He pecked my nose before pulling me closer for a hug. "I never stopped loving you Madds."

"I never stopped loving you either bubbs." I nuzzled my head into his shoulder.

"Bubbs?" He laughed a bit at the new nickname.

"You don't like it? I feel like it fits." I explained as I leaned back to face him.

"No, I like it. It's cute." He pulled me back towards him holding me as if I'd leave again.

"Hey I love you Chase but I kinda need to pee." I pushed his chest away from me and he pouted. "Don't worry, I promise you will be able to hold me in your arms for the rest of our lives."

"Yeah that does sound nice." He smiled. Pulling me closer and giving me a few more short kisses.

"Ugh, if you're gonna make out can you at least not do it in the same place where we all eat?" Kaz groaned as the rest of the team joined us.