Chapter 7: No teammates left behind

September 19th Tompkins House (Maddie's POV)-

"Thanks for letting me stay here." I hummed as I drank a sip of my coffee, after all those tears I was washed out and couldn't really express anything. I was empty.

"You don't need to worry about it." Alex took my dirty plate, giving me a kiss on the top of my head as he passed." But it would be nice to know why I found my little sister on the doorstep at three in the morning balling her eyes out."

"It's nothing you need to worry about." I could tell he was about to argue so I continued before he could. "I'm gonna head to the office today."

"You know I'm here if you need me." Alex said knowing I wouldn't talk.

"I know. I'll see you later." I headed towards my old room to change into some comfortable clothes before laying down. I just needed time for myself.

September 25th Centium City penthouse (Bree's POV)-

"Hey has anyone seen Maddie? Like at all?" I hadn't seen the girl for a few days and while that happened occasionally she would always leave a note or something.

"No. Isn't she just at the office though?" Kaz asked without any concern.

"For six days?" He looked up, about to fight my point but came up with nothing.

"She told me she was visiting a friend." Oliver explained as he finished putting the dishes away in the kitchen.

"And when was this?" Liv asked, being the only other person concerned.

"The other night, she really quickly with a big bag." Oliver explained.

"Dude! Why didn't you tell anyone?!" Liv exclaimed, quickly becoming more concerned for her friend.

"Look, Maddie isn't the type to just run away. Something must've happened." I reasoned, mainly for myself.

"But she would tell us. She's one of us, she would never just leave her team high and dry." Liv huffed before heading upstairs leaving us all to think.

Honestly it had been the same amount of time since I had seen Chase, maybe he'd know something. I went done to mission command knowing that is where my brother had been for the past few days. When I didn't find him in the main area I started searching the tunnels.

When I found him he looked like he was about to pass out. Chase had been in the training room beating a punching bag until the seam had broken and the bag deflated. He moved to the punching dummy and began performing different attacks. I waited for him to notice me before I realized he was ignoring me.

"Hey, have you seen Maddie? Do you know why she left?" I noticed the second where he froze at her name but then he continued his attack on the dummy. He wouldn't even look at me so I took matters into my own hands.

I sped Chase away placing him on the bench across the room forcing him to face me. "What the hell Bree?!"

"Oh look who wants to talk now." I spat back at the genius. "Look I don't know what's wrong with you but the team needs to know what happened to Maddie and it seems like you have the answer."

"I'm not doing this right now Bree." He muttered as he try to get up and walk past me but I sped him back onto the bench. "Would you stop doing that!"

"Sure, when you stop acting like some kid. Now tell me what happened." I fought, I could finally see his resolve break as he released a sigh basically deflating himself.

"I had a ring. Maddie found it." Even though he said this as lowly as possible I still heard him and knowing our current situation made my heart break for him.