Chapter 11: Coming through in the Clutch

"Hey Chase, is Maddie around?" Liv asked as I was making my breakfast. Oliver went out to grab the mail while Bree and Kaz were talking in the living room. Skylar was currently in her room still getting dressed.

"No, she left early for work this morning." After everything happened with Crossbow and I moved into Maddie's room, she's been really focused on work meaning she hasn't been in the penthouse as much.

"Oh, has she told you anything about Crossbow?" The blond asked, taking a seat at the counter.

"Apparently Crossbow and the rest of their team are chasing a lead for one of their villains out east." I explained and Liv just nodded.

"Guys!" I looked up as Oliver raced down the stairs. "I just found out they're having an Olympic send-off celebration at the park this afternoon!"

"Ooh, will there be a piñata?" Kaz grinned. "Because if so, my candy-whacking arm is locked and loaded."

"It's a pep rally where the fans can meet Olympic athletes before they fly off to compete in the Games." Oliver explained, taking a seat next to Liv. "And best of all, Clutch will be there."

"That's awesome!" I said with fake enthusiasm. "I have no idea who that is."

"He's only the greatest weightlifter ever, and a shoe-in to win gold." Oliver explained, grinning excitedly. "They call him Clutch because he always comes through in the clutch."

"And because his real name has fourteen syllables and won't fit on the back of a tank top." Liv added, getting up and moving to the couch.

"I've seen all of Clutch's competitions." Oliver continued. "One year, I even dressed up like him for Halloween."

"Oliver, instead of some meathead jock, why not idolize a real hero?" I asked. "Like a president, or a Nobel-winning scientist, or me."

"Or, you could idolize a cool athlete like Tom Brady." Kaz added. "Or me. I'm great at foosball."

"I can't wait to meet Clutch. Wait, what am I going to say? What am I going to wear? Ooh, I wonder if my Halloween costume still fits!" Oliver exclaimed. He rushed towards the stairs, running into Skylar along the way. "Guess what, Skylar? It's clutch time!" He flexed his arms before running up the stairs. She watched him go, a bemused expression on her face.

"Was he flirting with me, or threatening me?" She asked, looking at us. "I can never tell with this little boy energy."

"Don't worry about him." Kaz assured her. "He's just excited to meet his hero, Clutch; he's in the summer Olympics."

"Okay, girl from another planet question: what are the summer Olympics?" Skylar questioned, confused.

"Oh, they're a series of events for the world's best athletes." I explained. "The winner takes a gold medal, second takes silver, third takes bronze."

"Oh, we have that where I'm from too. Except on my planet they don't hand out medals." Skylar commented. "On Caldera, if you get second, they melt your bones down to build a podium for the winner."

"Remind me never to go to your planet, like, ever." Bree commented.

"Anyway, on our planet, the Olympics represent sport in the truest form." Liv continued. "There's pageantry, sportsmanship-"

"And super hit guys from countries I've never even heard of." Bree added, smirking.

"I've always wanted to compete in the Olympics, but my bionics would give me an unfair advantage." I sighed.

"I could arrange for you to compete on my planet." Skylar offered. I shook his head quickly.

"Yeah, I'm good." I assured her as Oliver ran down the stairs, dressed in a sports uniform that was about two sizes two small.