Chapter 16: A small price to pay for pantsu

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

[A small update

So I have been slacking off lately... In a combination of burnout and vacation I ended up just writing a lot of versions and, well, doesn't matter now.

I deleted and will rewrite the last two chapters, apologies for the bother but it didn't feel right just rushing volume 3 like that. The more time goes on the more I realize this thing is getting way bigger than originally intended, but I don't feel like dropping it midway through.

Things should proceed smoothly from now on.

Also, funny story, I was blocked at the airport security because apparently, they suspected me of bringing explosives into the plane. I'll leave the rest for you to guess.]

Darkness's PoV:

It's been a while since I last saw Chris

So I got a bit surprised when she came to the mansion to speak with me.

Or rather-

"Are you sure? As far as I know, you were the last ones to enter that place."

"I am sorry but I know next to nothing about these 'suspicious monsters'... And could you please tell me who still thinks of me that way?"

Chris wanted to speak with Y/N who has the inexplicable reputation of a necromancer about some weird creatures roaming the city outskirts at night, and I introduced the two of them.

These creatures seemed to be leaking from Keele's dungeon, the one we had been to not too long ago, and attack just about anything scaring the merchants off.

Considering the season we are in, it's not the best time to screw the economy.

And because there aren't many adventures willing to work during the winter season:

"But I am sure Y/N here can do something about them. Just hand the quest to us!"

Aqua got in between Y/N and Chris while they were talking.

For some reason Chris became extremely uncomfortable. It's not like her; she generally has a cocky attitude all of the time.

"I can't just give you the information like that. I was just investigating this in the first place; came here to collect some intel you see..."