Chapter 4- Blonde Kirito

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here.

A/N: This chapter and the next one might feel a bit rushed cause I have a math exam this week. The chapter has a lot of words and is kinda confusing, I just wanted to put something out.)

Narrator's PoV:

You left the town with your new party while having some time to chat with Kazuma, who was at the tail of the party, on your way to the previously mentioned lake.

"I thought there were 4 members in this party."

"Well we have a crusader as well but she is currently training with her family or something. The original plan was waiting for her to come back, but we desperately need money right now because a certain someone spent all our money on booze."

Speaking of Aqua, she was awkwardly moving inside the cage, sitting with her knees close to her chest.

"Megumin can you help me out of here?"

"Sorry, but Kazuma promised me a new staff with the leftover money from the cabbages if I don't screw things up... Again."

Aqua turned her face around towards the most benevolent member of the party:

"I am sorry Aqua, but according to my guiding books, when you're part of a new party, it's a good idea to follow the leader."

"Who made Kazuma the leader!?"

Aqua shouted as she tried to break the cage by herself.

Megumin sighed and gave her a pitying look:

"We had that meeting two weeks ago when Darkness joined the group, and we all voted for Kazuma while you were puking in the corner."

After arriving at the lake (it looked more like a swamp) you decide to throw Aqua in the water and wait for the purification magic to take effect.

She stood there, mumbling nonsense, which made you feel a little bad for her.

With nothing to do in the meantime, Kazuma said you could play Uno, but nobody knew what Uno was so you just played good old- *insert name of game that only exists in this world*.

"So how old are you guys?"

Asking a simple question like that to break the ice is always a good option. And when you run out of options, talk about the weather. No one gives a flying f*** about the weather but pretends they do.

"I am 17, Darkness is 18, and trust me you don't want to know Aqua's age"

"I am 17 as well."

Megumin replied in such a tone it made both you and Kazuma burst into laughter. You tried to bite your own hand to forcibly stop laughing, but Kazuma didn't even care.