Chapter 18: A gift to this wonderful goddess

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

[A/N: Happy holidays everyone!]

It was still cold outside, so my fingers were practically freezing once I touched the door handle

"Good morning."

"Welcom- Ah, it's you. You're up early I see. So, thou will soon leave for that accursed city, right?"

The face under his mask twisted into a smile soon after:

"The small brat with complicated feelings towards her body whenever she bathes in a public bathroom, the lonely brat who wants to fulfil her dream of traveling alongside friends, the perverted natured man who wishes to see his female companions naked and the red eyed man who, deep down, wants to bath in the mixed springs as well, that delusional goddess of nothing and the crusader who wants to be seen naked... If you so wish, Moi can tell thou how this journey will unfold-"

My (manly) screech stopped Vanir in place-

Long story short, I came here to discuss something with this devil. Because we would leave soon, I wanted to make sure of something first.

... This ability of his to read others minds, it's hard to trust someone like this

"Yes, rest assure. It's about what we spoke the other day right? To us devils, contracts are absolute. Moi will keep doing his part, so you needn't worry."

I don't recall ever signing a contract with him though

"By the way, if thou are leaving for that place would thy mind bringing that shopkeeper with you?"

"Hmm? Why is it, does Wiz like those types of baths?"

It's hard to imagine a Lich enjoying herself in hot springs, but when compared to the devils and goddess I know of it is not something that farfetched 

"...Yes, yes I think you could say so. She probably enjoys bathing in those springs."

"No wait, what do you mean by 'Yes I think so'?"

It was somewhat obvious why he wanted Wiz away. Even so, this demon offered to pay for her fees, should I refuse?

It won't harm anyone. Probably

"And now that you mention it, where is her?"

I followed along with Vanir's gaze, who kept a dark smile under his mask and pointed at something in the back of the counter