Chapter 1: Loneliness

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

You woke up in the middle of a forest and everything seemed to be back to normal.

No dead body.

No goddess.

For all you know it could have been a dream.

Stretching your arms, you tried to mentally prepare yourself:

"Ok I guess it's time to go to Axel and start my adventure.For real this time around.

Let's just take a deep breathe..."

Not even five minutes later, you heard some weird noises coming from the bushes. And then remembered the reason you died in the first place: the stupid rookie killer!

A high-level monster that loves to kill newbies.

Maybe I would get to see Eris again... No don't even think about it, it would be far too embarrassing dying two times in a row for the same creature!

But you knew some sort of creature was hidding in those bushes. A creature with red eyes and an intense gaze.

So you silently unsheathed the small blade on your hip and got ready to stab whatever-

"No no no please don't hurt me I am sorry!!!"

"What the..."

A young girl jumped out the bushes and landed right in front of you, apologizing for whatever weird thing she was doing, which made the situation really awkward.

Why did I left my bed today

"I am sorry for following you around, I just thought you were a crimson demon and you mentioned you were heading to Axel, so I was working up the courage to talk to you and... I am sorry!"

You sigh and took a good look at her:
"It's alright, here let me help you."

She was kinda short, beautiful red eyes and wore a black cloak and a really short pink skirt. And of course, she had a lot of... Hmmmm... plot.

 plot

Not gonna lie she is kinda beautiful

After a classic moment of awkward silence, the girl dusted herself off and bowed:

"Oh t-thanks. Hmmm... How should I put this- You-You are not a Crimson Demon are you? But your right eye is glowing intensely. 

Oh I am sorry I didn't want to offend you!"

Is my right eye glowing? That means it wasn't a dream... I actually died.

And most importantly... Why is this girl so nervous?

"It's fine, don't worry. My name is Y/N. And you are..."

Instead of saying her name-

The girl turned around and started reading a book.

Although her thumb was hiding the title you could almost swear it read: 

«how to make new friends»

She cleaned her throat and looked at you with a really weird smile, like she was forcing it:
"M-My name is... YunYun... I hmmm... The greatest mage, she who will one day lead the Crimson Demons and..."

Ok another weird person. Although this one might be an actual psycho.

She may have mistaken me for a Crimson Demon, but I heard the real ones are childish and crazy.

And there is an ancient saying that Crimson eyes bring demise to those close to them.

Now that I stop to think about it...

That legend probably came from a Crimson Demon who wanted to look cool.

*This blank spot is claimed*

"Nice to meet you. Well I better start moving before night falls, see you-"

"Yes I know it's weird but trust me we Crimson Demons are not allowed to change our names and... Please let me properly introduce myself again, I messed up some parts!"

She yelled with a slight blush on her face, right as you were about to leave her be.

"Are you alright did you hit your head? *Mumbles* crazy girl..."

She frowned at you with her cute face:

"Why aren't you making fun of my name?"

"I don't know, but I doubt sane people make fun of other's names when they meet. But you know how it is, my saber-toothed tiger just told me he is hungry trough telepathy, so gotta go!"

You knew all Crimson Demons possessed above average  intelligence stats.

So no way she would fall for such a nonsense excuse. Still, after all that had happened today you just wanted to get rid of that freak and get out of the damn forest.

Turing around and ready to walk away, you felt an intense gaze on your back.

She was timidly staring at your back and fidgeting; Her red eyes were piercing your consciousness due to how bright they were.

She really wanted to ask you something.

Although her eyes couldn't lie. You knew exactly what she wanted to ask.

Sighing, you turned around and tried to give her a smile:

"Are you also heading to Axel?"

She just nodded.

Leaving her all alone now would be kinda awkward as well... No matter what I do, the outcome will be weird.

"Well like I have said, the name's Y/N. And you are free to tag along YunYun. Nice to meet you."

Her fake smile was quickly replaced by the most genuine expression you had ever seen, and her gaze became even more intense:

"R-Re-Really? Aren't you gonna take advantage of my naiveness or doing this out of pity?"

But she violently shook her head and let out a small squeak:

"I mean I-I am thankful, Y/N-san!"

You sigh again and resumed the walk, this timearound with a weird girl walking, or rather hopping by your side.