Favor

Over the next month, you grow closer with the guys and they become more and more seen in your life. You ate lunch with them a few times, gave them a couple rides to school, played online with Kenma and you were all even in a group chat together.

Today, you get an unexpected call from Akaashi. It'd actually been it about a week since you'd talked to any of them because you were working hard for your upcoming performance which involved lots of choreo.

"Hi. It's Y/n."

..you say as you pick up the phone, not having checked who was calling. "Hey Y/n. It's been a little bit since we've talked." You laugh a little. "Akaashi it's only been like a week haha. Sorry, though. I've been swamped at work." He was currently multitasking. "Oh no need to apologize. I guess I'm just used to keeping in close touch with people. Anyway, I have a favor to ask you." You were getting dressed for work. "Uh... What's up?" You hear him messing with a few things. "Akaashi? Hello?" He answers you. "Um yeah sorry. I'm kind of busy but I need to pick Bokuto up from work. He has a game today and it ends at about 9pm. Are you available?" You think about it. "Ah.. that's a time squeeze. I have a dance thing today but... I think I could make it work." He pauses what he was doing. "No. No. It's fine if you're busy. I can always ask Kuroo." You laugh a little. "Haha I got it. Besides, Kuroo's been busy with his new job." He hesitates. "Are you sure?" You were. "Yup! 9pm right?" He lets out a breath. "Right. Thank you. I owe you one." "It's my pleasure to help out a friend. Really don't even mention it." You check the time. "I've got to go now, though. I'll catch ya laters!" "Later." You hang up and finish getting dressed.

You were gonna be a backup dancer at a wedding for a bride's special dance. The thing is, you had to be there for most of the day. It was currently 10am. You weren't complaining, though. You were getting free food and a fat check out of it. Plus the bride was very sweet and kind.

Timeskip to after you'd done your job.

It was now 8pm and you were allowed to leave. You congratulate the couple and head on your way to the address Akaashi had sent you. He told you to wait outside until you saw a lot of people leaving the Arena. Then you could go in and give security Akaashi's name. After that, you'd be taken to where Bokuto and the team stay after the game. You follow his instructions exactly and the security guard leaves you by the door.

You knock on it and a short gingered hair guy opens the door. "Guys I think a fan managed to get back here." Bokuto always loved meeting fans so he perks up. "Fan?! Ooo let me— Oh?! Y/n what are you doing here?!"

You smile at him as he greets you with one of his warm hugs. "Surprise! I'm here to take you home!" Hinata realizes you weren't a fan. "Oh.. OH! Hi! I'm Hinata Shoyo. Bokuto how do you know such a pretty woman?" You laugh a little as you enter the room. "Thank you. Bokuto are you ready to—" You're interrupted by someone recognizing you. "Y/n? Is that you?" You turn your head to the doorway. "Saku? Omg no way, dude! Hey!" You both go in and hug each other.

You'd been good friends in high school but lost touch.

"Hey Y/n! Long time no see!" he says, rubbing your back as he hugs you. You pull back. "Yeah! You look great! How've you been? I see you're a big time athlete, eh?" He chuckles. "Yeah I guess so." You put your hands on your hips. "Wow. What happened to Mr. 'I'm just gonna get a normal job. Volleyball is a hobby.' Hm?" He shrugs and cracks his knuckles. "I changed career paths, I guess." Bokuto interrupts the reunion. "Y/n I thought you said you had no friends." You playfully roll your eyes. "Oh hush! I said I had a few in high school and Saku was one of the few!" Sakusa nods by your side. "Yeah. She was one of the only people I could really tolerate. We should—"

Another interruption. "Ahem! Aren't you gonna introduce me, Omi?!" Atsumu. "Oh it's this guy! You still hang with him yet you ghosted me? I'm offended." you joke. Sakusa puts his hands up. "Hey I didn't even ghost you on purpose. You remember who he is so there's no need for an introduction. But like I was saying, we should catch up sometime." You smile at him. There was something that was just a little flirty in the air. "I'd like that." you answer, pretty much batting your eyelashes at him before refocusing.

"Ah. Bokuto. Are you ready to go?" He cocks his head. "Did Akaashi not tell you?" You cock your head back. "Tell me what?" He gestures around at those standing close by. "We carpool." You do a quick mental head count. "Carpool.. the whole team?" Another team member speaks up. "Oh no. Just them. The rest of us do our own carpool." You nod. "Oh okay. Then it's fine Bokuto. You know I have room." He looks around. "Oh and another seat. For Hinata's Boyfriend over there." He gestures to a dark haired man. Kageyama. "Hey." "Hi." A quick exchange.

"Come. We should go now then and send me addresses." Bokuto starts following you. "Oh we're going to the same place." You pause "They live with you and Akaashi?!" He laughs a little. "No! Akaashi and I host dinner sometimes." You nod. "Oh okay. He didnt mention that either. But let's go." You all exit the arena and head to your car.