99 Problems

To your relief, it felt like the tension between you and Bokuto was easing up. During the next few days, there weren't anymore snarky comments coming from him and he would at least speak to you if you spoke to him first. You hoped it meant he'd forgive you soon.

One morning, everyone had to be up for work. This was a couple days before your family's trip. "So we're going shopping tomorrow, right?" Kuroo asks. Akaashi nods as he sips his tea. "Yes. That way we'll have two days to pack."

This whole ordeal had you feeling very unsettled. Without a doubt you'd be made the joke of the trip and face a whole lot of embarrassment in front of the guys.

Your biggest concern, however, was Bokuto. The plan was to let the family know ahead of time:

Do NOT harass Bokuto. This is a vacation for him too. Not fan service.

You knew only certain people had any potential to cause an issue. For example, mommy dearest. But that was a worry for future you.

Everyone was soon off to work. The day proved to be extra challenging, leaving your body sore. All the stretching in the world couldn't save you. But it'd all be worth it once the company you work for wins finals. Finals would be about a week after your two week vacation with your family and right before your vacation with the guys' high school friends. So three weeks from now you'd hopefully win and then go on the reunion vacation. There was so much left to do.

Anyways, after your long day at work, you come home to find the solution to all your problems. Ice-cream. Being you, you had planned for the soreness ahead of time and bought some prescription pain relievers. The only issue was that they tasted horrible. Luckily, they could be hidden in other food and taken that way to mask the taste. You just knew you were saved. Unless you weren't.

As soon as you step into the kitchen, you see the ice cream container open on the counter. Had you left it out the day prior by mistake? The container was empty. No. You huff and grab it off the counter thinking about who would've eaten it. Kenma the sweets lover was your top suspect, but you message the group chat anyway.

"Hey guys. Which of you ate the ice cream in the unlabeled container?" Kenma, Kuroo, and Akaashi all message back saying it wasn't them. When Bokuto replies he says, "I did. You said you buy ice cream for all of us." You sigh. "I did say that but I specifically told you not to eat the one in the unlabeled tub."

Waiting for a reply, you turn and notice dishes in the sink from the morning. Bokuto's dishes. You could remember reminding him to clean them before he left, but since you left before he did, you hadn't seen him do it. He hadn't even replied yet before you texted him about it. "And you left the dishes from your protein shake in the kitchen. I thought I asked you to clean them?" He took so long to reply that you had time for a shower. "I forgot you said that and I forgot abt the dishes. No biggie." You stare at the message. "Yes biggie. That ice cream had medicine in it that I needed n your dishes are gonna attract ants."  He replies faster this time. "I'll just buy you more and do the dishes when I get home. Chill out."

You were too irritated to respond and go for a nap instead. The fact that he was still upset with you didn't help your confrontation issues in the slightest. No one bothered you when they got home. The other guys could sense to leave you alone. Since you'd slept early you'd woken early too. Instead of being woken to a problem free paradise, you woke up to soreness and the dishes in the same place in the sink. You groan and pick up the washcloth. "If you want anything done, you've got to do it yourself." you mutter.

By the time you were done getting dressed, Bokuto and Kuroo were awake. You and Kuroo greeted each other good morning while Bokuto stood there rubbing his eyes. He looks at the dishes in the dish drainer and then at you, yet says nothing. "Ku, you left your slippers in my room by the way." you tell him, ignoring Bokuto. He gasps. "I've been looking for those! Do you mind if I go in there to grab them?" You nod. "That's cool. I'm heading out right now, so I'll see you later." He grabs your arm before you could walk passed him.

You jump slightly.

He quickly hugs you. "Oh! I'm so sorry! So sorry!" You pat his back. "It's okay. That was just a little sudden." He let's go. "I'll remember that. Not too sudden. Anyway, why are you heading out so early?" You glance at Bokuto. He wasn't looking but you lower your voice. "I'd like to have the least irritating day that I can have." you say, nodding your head at Bokuto. Kuroo nods and leans down to your ear. "Don't let it get to you. He's only being like that because he's getting over the whole thing between you." You frown. "I thought it was getting better." He pats your head. "It should soon. Just don't worry, okay?" You nod. "Okay." He smiles at you and kisses your forehead, which was caught in Bokuto's peripheral vision. "Now go on and have a good day." You smile. "Okay bye! You too!" You head out.

Bokuto mixes his protein shake. "What was that?" Kuroo brews coffee. "What was what?" Bo crosses his arms. "That kiss? What about Kenma?" Kuroo rolls his eyes. "That 'kiss' was on her forehead to comfort her. She wouldn't need it if someone would quit being such a jacka—s." Bo puts down his drink. "I'm not being a jacka—s." Kuroo leaves to get dressed. "I never said any names." Bokuto grumbles and guzzles down his shake, once again abandoning his dishes.

When you came home, only Kenma was there. Akaashi was visiting his mom. You decided to give Bokuto one more chance. Although you weren't such a happy camper, you do the dishes anyway and keep your mind on clothes you'd buy and things you'd pack.

Before you knew it, everyone was home and ready for the shopping trip.