Bokuto

Bokuto kept you occupied with random chatting until dinner was ready. It looked amazing. "Kuroo. This is so good. I didn't know you could cook so well!" you cheer, taking another bite. He grins, proud of himself. "Ah it's nothing. I'm glad you like it." You all keep eating.

You watch Bokuto. "You okay? Your face is all red. Do you need some water?" He looks up and smiles, but only after choking a bit. "No I'm all good! It's just- spicier than I expected." Akaashi shakes his head. "Told you you couldn't handle it." Bokuto whines at him. "Yeah I can! I don't even need any water!" You laugh. "Dude just have some water if it's too spicy for you." He still denied it. "It isn't!" You sigh and get up, going to grab a cold water and bring it back to him. "You're still awesome, even if you can't handle the heat. I promise." you say, sitting the water in front of him. He doesn't grab it immediately, but eventually he does, though he grumbled as he did. As he drank it, you pat his head and move his hair from his moistened skin. "Better, right?" He nods a little and puts down the bottle. "Yeah.." You hold out your fist. "You're still the man, bro." He smiles a little and hits your fist with his.

Kenma shakes his head. "All that just to make you admit it's too spicy. Really Bokuto?" Kenma teases. Bokuto claps his fork down. "Says the one with a runny nose!" Kenma squints at him. "But I'm not the one panting and sweating like I just ran a marathon!" As the two bicker, you and the other two boys laugh.

You gasp as you have a random epiphany. They look at you. "What is it?" Kuroo asks, slightly concerned. You facepalm. "I forgot my freaking dog." Akaashi remembered fluffy. "The one that went to the groomers?" You nod. "Yeah! I know my aunt probably picked him up but I forgot to go get him!" Kenma shrugs. "Then he should be fine right? Just go get him tomorrow." You groan. "I don't want to be trouble for my aunt. I'll just get him tonight and come back home." Bokuto was excited. "I'll come with!" You shake your head. "Oh no! You have work tomorrow since you switched your days, remember?"

Kenma shuts you down. "There's no way in hell that you're going alone. Not tonight anyway." You make a face. Kuroo agreed with Ken. "Don't give us that. Let one of us come with or go tomorrow." You sigh. "Tomorrow it is."

Soon, dinner was cleaned up and you were heading your separate way for bed. "Y/n!" you hear Bokuto call from downstairs. "Yeah?" you yell back. He didn't respond so you trudged down to him. "Yeah, Bokuto?" He turns to you. "Do you mind if I have some of your ice-cream~?"

You nod, but slowly, because your attention starts to focus on his hair. It was down. You couldn't recall seeing it that way before. He looked handsome. He also started noticing the way you were looking at him. "Y/n? Is there something on my face?" You shake your head. "Ah uh.. no. No. You're just really handsome with your hair down." He blushes slightly. "Aw thank you! So that's a yes for ice-cream?" You nod again. "Yeah. I got that for us all. But couldn't you just text me?" He points at the TV. "Oh we're also gonna watch a movie. You in?" You yawn. "Nah. I'm actually really tired. Thanks, though." He seemed a little bit disappointed but nodded. "Ah Okay. Goodnight then! Sleep well."

Once you got back to bed, you text him. "I'll come running with you in the morning if you wake me up." He was excited to hear that and when you woke up, his beaming smile was the first thing you saw.

You jump a little. "What the- oh. Hi Bokuto." He rubs his neck. "Sorry! Come on! You said you'd come with me!" he says, trying to pull you out of bed. "Bo! Wait! Wait!" He insisted. "Nope! Come on, let's go!" You grab onto your blanket. "Bo I'm not dressed!" He lets up. "I..know? That's why you have to get up." You shake your head, laughing. "No.. I'm. Not. Dressed." He thinks about it and you watch the lightbulb ding. "OH! I'm sorry! Okay! I'll wait downstairs!"

You keep laughing as he leaves with a red tint on his cheeks. You meet him in the kitchen and head out together. While you were gone, Bokuto treated you with those smoothies, just as he'd promised. After you guys came back and showered, you started making breakfast, some of which Bokuto grabbed before he left to work. The others woke up later, but there was enough for all of them to have. Kuroo and Ken were feeling better, as you'd all hoped, and Kuroo tagged along to pick up fluffy. You stayed at home for a couple hours, allowing fluffy to adjust, but then you had to leave again to the police station.

Tomorrow was the day.

You didn't go until around five and when you returned, it was almost seven. The guys could tell you were more than anxious and did their best to provide comfort. You tried to sleep well, though that proved difficult, and woke up the next day to a quiet morning. No one was too loud and the boys tried to make your day as easy as could be.

The set time to meet with the cops was seven, and Ichiro at nine, though he'd likely show up early. After dolling yourself up and keeping the act through the phone with Ichiro, it was show time.