More Than Words Ever Could

"Y/n."

"Hm?"

You still wouldn't look at Kenma. He stops calling you and instead slides over a cookie on a napkin. "Here." "Thanks."

You check your phone, avoiding eye contact. "Hey, didn't you say you went to put that to charge in the dressing room?" Kuroo asks. Your eyes bolt to Bokuto. He hadn't heard. Akaashi did and gave you a questioning look. You glance at Bokuto and shake your head. He nodded. "I won't say anything," he mouthed. Kuroo watches the interaction, trying and failing to understand. You make him drop it.

Your boss and Bokuto's get everyone's attention. "Listen up people, you will all need to be at the hotel by 6 on Thursday! If there are any problems, you have our emails!" You didn't know what they were talking about. "Hotel? What hotel?" Bokuto answered without looking up from his food. "We always go to a hotel to be closer to the sports stadium the night before a competition. They sent out an email with our rooms and stuff." You hadn't planned for that. "Oh.. Damn. I needed to go shopping." Kenma shrugs. "So we'll go tomorrow. And on Thursday, Akaashi can take you to his mom's." You thought on it. "But I still have to be here and I won't get off until late." Akaashi hums. "Hmm. I can have my mom come to the house tomorrow. And for shopping, well we can go today. They're letting everyone out early since you're all hungover."

You loved when they solved your problems. "Okay! I'm so excited but I'm so nervous too." Kuroo puts his arm around you. "About what?" You give him an obvious look. "Hello? The competition! What if I screw it up? I agreed to take on a lot and I could ruin everything! And then don't even get me started on the reunion trip. A load of guys and probably only a couple of girls. All new people. I can't do new people!" Kenma snorts. "Ha. Doing people." Akaashi jabs him. "Ow! That's the second time!" Akaashi rolls his eyes and turns back to you. "You're going to do amazing. With all of that. We're here to support you in everything."

You keep his gaze for a solid ten seconds before looking away. "Thank God. Now I just have to figure out what to buy." Kuroo leaned in closer to grab your phone. "All you gotta do is consult your pinterest." He muttered a few things and showed the guys some of your boards, helping you get inspiration. Thing is, he was very close, and you could hear every whisper and feel every breath. He wasn't totally conscious of what he was doing until Atsumu and the others showed up. "Damn, Kuroo. Do you always prey on Y/n like that?" He looked at him. "What?" Atsumu made a gesture. "You're damn near consuming her." Kuroo backs up from you. "Sorry." He looks at Kenma and then his eyes dart around. "Sorry." That time he didn't seem to be talking to just you. He hands you your phone. "You're fine, Ku," you tell him.

Sakusa clears his throat. "We should get back to practice." You were feeling a little hot and bothered. "Yeah!" You go to leave the table but trip over the leg of Kenma's chair. In a failed attempt to catch yourself, you tip backward and instead are caught in Bokuto's arms. You hadn't had any physical contact with him probably since you'd almost drowned. "Are you okay?" he asked, seeing you were in a daze, just staring at him. One of his hands had caught you right where it stung. You pick yourself up. "Fine." You don't say another word and leave to get back to the other dancers. He watches you go, and Akaashi comforts him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Listen, Kenma and I are gonna go home and change. We'll be back in a couple hours when you get off, and then we can go shopping."

Bokuto waves him and Kenma off. Kuroo gets him out of his seat and back to practice.

Each team did a few more run throughs and drills, respectively. You released some of the tension in your body by going all out, and Bokuto did the same.

The end of the work day came.

Akaashi and Kenma were back, as promised, and ready to go shopping. You drove with them while Bokuto and Kuroo took the other car.