Staying With Family

TW: SELF HARM ⚠️⛔️

"Okay Y/n, is that everything?" Kenma asks, coming back from Kuroo's car.

You were staring into the living room. You didn't look very happy. Ken sighs and puts his hands on both your shoulders from behind you just as a tear rolls down your cheek.

When you feel him, you wipe it. "Um. What? Sorry, I zoned out.." He gives a comforting squeeze. "It's okay. He's not gonna get to you. You ready to go?" You nod. "Y-Yeah thanks."

You go back outside with him, where the other three were waiting. You drove your car with Bokuto and Akaashi, and the other two rode in Kuroo's car. You lead them to your parents' house.

Making a musical beat, you knock on the door. "Dad? Mom? Aika? Hiroko?"

Aika and Hiroko are your step parents. Your parents had divorced a couple years ago and remarried other people. But the house they lived in could fit all of them and they got along well enough so they kept living together. Your mom was the only one that really ever caused problems.

The door opens. "Hey Dad!" you cheer and grab his hand before you hug him. "Hi sweetheart! I've been waiting all day for you to get here!" You laugh a little. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! But I'm here now. And I've brought my friends!"

He tries to think. "Those boys you told me about?" You hum and answer as he lets you all inside. "Mhm! They've been helping me get all my things." Your dad smiles. "Aw thats so nice of them!" Bokuto laughs. "It's nothing really! Y/n's been a great friend to us! It's the least we could do!" Your dad nods. "Well I'm glad she's found some good friends like you boys."

Bokuto, Kuroo, Kenma, and Akaashi didn't understand why he wasn't looking at them.

"Um.. Yeah. We're glad to fill the role. I'm Kuroo Tetsuro. It's nice to meet you sir." Your dad grins. "It's nice to meet you too. But, please, just call me Kaito." Kuroo nods. "Sounds great." He sticks he hand out for a handshake.

You'd looked away for a second but heard the silence. You look back over and see your dad still smiling, completely unaware, and Kuroo still awkwardly holding out his hand. You gasp.

Your dad had a feeling this would happen. "He's waiting for a handshake, isn't he?" You cover your mouth. "Dad, I'm so sorry!" He laughs. "It's alright. You know I don't mind your forgetfulness." He searches for Kuroo's hand and grabs it with a firm grip, shaking it.

Tetsuro and the boys stood there, looking at you confused, awaiting clarification. You finally provide it. "Guys my dad has been blind since I was about.. twelve. So almost ten years. He got into an accident in his lab, and while no chemicals got into his eyes, he still injured them. I forgot to tell you! Dad, I'm so sorry!" He laughs again as the boys give "oh"s. "Don't worry, Y/n. I'm just going to go sit in the living room until you're all done." You nod and let him go.

Kuroo was curious. "Did you say lab?" Kenma starts pushing him towards the door. "You can be a science geek after we help Y/n get her things in the garage. Come on."

Fast forward to being finished with your moving. Kuroo and your dad were having science talk for a solid twenty minutes before Kenma got bored.
As they left, you gave them all hugs and sincere thank you's.

Now you were left to stay in the same house as your mother, which used to be absolutely draining. And it was. A week into your stay, you were overwhelmed with stress. You had messed up your streak and hurt yourself. You had to keep your wrists bandaged.

The boys had called and talked to you a few times and each time they asked how you were, you lied and said you were okay, just worried about your grandmother. The visit you were meant to have to see her had been interrupted by the break in. But you made sure to go and see her everyday. You also had to make sure she didn't see your arms, since she knew that you had done that a few times before. But that's all she knew of. A few times, not all.

Her health was declining, yet she didn't appear to be miserable. She seemed perfectly happy having you there with her. The two of you had always been close and she was thankful that you were there.

But when her time came, you knew your mother would only care about one thing. The will. Now, your grandma is your dad's mother, not your mom's. Despite that, your mother still expected big things for herself and also thought your sister would get the same, even though your sister only ever saw your grandma while she was hospitalized or at a family event.

Your grandma had a lot of money, but still didn't have too much written in for them. You were gonna get a lot more then they would, and so would your father and younger siblings. Soon, it was happening.