R&R: Relaxation & Resentment

As soon as Akaashi shut the door, you were on the phone making some calls. This was the perfect way to make it up to them.

You got dressed to go out for dinner and did your hair up nicely

You got dressed to go out for dinner and did your hair up nicely. Concealer was enough to mask your puffy eyes and lipgloss rehydrated your lips.

Kuroo shuffles up the stairs, calling your name. "Y/n! Come on we gotta be there in 30!" He raises his fist to knock just as you open the door. After giving you a one over, he grins. "There's the pretty princess." You crack a smile. "Ready to be escorted by the handsome knight." He blushes and gives you his arm, leading you downstairs.

Mae and a couple of your other cousins were there too. She almost makes you fall over with all the force in her hug. To her relief, you laugh a little. She holds you by your cheeks, smushing them together. "Listen, I love you so much. You didn't deserve any of auntie's bull. Uncle Kai got so angry with her, it was epic. I always forget how serious he gets when it's about you." You hug her again, needing to be held. "Thanks for being here, cuzzo. You're the greatest. Now let me not ruin my mascara," you say, trying to waft the tears back. She was doing the same. The two of you laugh, and go on to dinner with the boys.

It was much different than how dinner went last time. You could let loose and laugh with your friends and family.

Still, a looming guilt. Kenma wouldn't take his eyes off of you, as if he needed to monitor your every move to assure himself you were okay. On the other hand was Bokuto, who wasn't as bright as he normally was. You felt bad, but hadn't forgotten what he'd done.

The night concluded with sharing pictures from highschool back at you and the boys' place until it got late enough that everyone was tired.

"Goodnight boys!" you call downstairs, hearing shouts in response. Turning around, you halt when you see Kenma walking out of the bathroom. He watches you frown. "What's wrong?" Without a word, he was suddenly wrapped in your arms, tight. He didn't hesitate to hold you.

Finally, you speak. "I'm so sorry I ruined your night, Ken." He furrowed his brows. "What are you talking about? I had a great night?" You pout. "Sure, when you weren't watching me to make sure I didn't lose it." He turns pink. "I.. I wasn't watching.." You cross your arms. "Oh yeah? Because to me it seemed like you couldn't stop watching." He got redder and you stood wondering why. "I wasn't watching.. I was.. admiring. You look pretty." He didn't even let you respond, and instead sped walk away, wishing you goodnight.

A flutter of butterflies swarm your stomach, catching you off guard. •Pretty?• you think, touching your hand to your stomach. You catch yourself smiling, and bite your lip to suppress it. •He didn't mean it like that.. relax.•

A couple days pass until it was the last day at the resort. You and Bokuto still weren't okay, and you found yourself spending much more time with Kenma.

Vacation had actually felt a little bit relaxing. You hadn't seen your mother since what happened, but you had to see her today to scatter your grandmothers ashes. That would be at her favorite lake. The water was pretty and the view was breathtaking. It was her favorite spot. To you, it was familiar. She'd brought you there several times to end your girls' days.