Chapter 38: Ticking Bomb

Cassie began to feel overwhelmed by the amount of realizations she was having in a short amount of time. First, Vanya's destructive powers and now the apocalypse that was still on course. The worst part of all of this was that the cause was something way more unexpected than she would have ever thought.

All these years her one wish was to get back to her original timeline and save the world but now looking at all circumstances it seemed almost inevitable.

"I thought you said it was over." Luther said in disbelief of Five's words.

"I was wrong, okay? This newspaper, Cassie and I found it in the future when we got stuck. The headline hasn't changed." Five said showing the newspaper to everyone and then handed it to Cassie so she could take a look at it closely.

"It looks the same..." Cassie said analyzing the newspaper and then looked up at Five with a scared look on her face. All she could think about was if coming back was a mistake on their part.

"No, that doesn't mean anything. The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning." Diego said shaking his head trying to find a logical answer to what Five was saying.

"You're not listening to me. When we found it. I assumed this place came down all along with everything else. But here we are. The moon's still shining, the earth is in one piece, but not the Academy." Five explained completely on edge. Ever since they found Jenkins' dead body he felt like something wasn't right and turned out, he was right about it.

Klaus snatched the newspaper from Cassie's hands and looked at it. "I'm confused." He said staring at it and rubbed his forehead.

"Then listen to me, you idiot! Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse." Five sighed getting angry that none of his siblings were comprehending anything that he was saying.

"Vanya is the bomb." Cassie said quietly and turned to look at Five. Deep inside she didn't want this to be true, but it seemed like it was the only answer to it.

"Yes..." Five said looking back at Cassie and then turned to his siblings who just stood there in shock. "Vanya causes the apocalypse." The boy finished only reaching that one conclusion as well.

"We have to find her." Luther said as his first response to the situation.

Cassie looked up as she heard a search helicopter flying above them. As soon as the helicopter pointed its searchlight towards her and the Academy she instantly covered her face with her arm and looked over at Five. She knew that the position they all were in seemed very suspicious so they had to leave.

"We gotta go, now. Regroup at the Super Star. Go!" Diego yelled as he began to run away from the now destroyed Umbrella Academy building

Five held Cassie close by her waist and instantly spatial jumped outside the bowling alley where Diego had told everyone to meet up. As soon as the two got there Five let go of the girl and started pacing around anxiously as he waited for his siblings.

Cassie looked over at Five noticing his state and she frowned. The girl didn't know how to feel about all of this, all she knew was that she felt like she could never win regardless. It felt like the universe didn't want her or Five to be happy for once. She was exhausted but she knew things were far from over and that they had to do their best to stop it without harming Vanya, because she knew that none of them would be capable of killing their sister.

"This was exactly what I feared." Five suddenly said as he stopped pacing and looked over at Cassie.

"What do you mean?" Cassie said as his words caught her by surprise.