Chapter 31: Discovery

After 20 minutes of driving, Diego stopped his car in front of what looked like a very normal house in a very quiet neighborhood. Neither Diego, Allison, Cassie, and Five would have guessed a murderer lived inside if it wasn't because of the address that was on the file.

As Cassie exit the car she stood there waiting for Five who was behind everyone else. Both Diego and Allison taking the lead as they approached the main entrance of the house.

"Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of." Allison said to Diego who just kept walking towards the house.

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny." Diego said thinking that confronting Vanya's boyfriend was going to be easy.

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers. I mean look at them." Allison said taking a glance at both children who were now catching up to them.

"Wow, that's not very ni—." Cassie complained.

"Thanks." Five said overlapping Cassie's sentence.

"Good point... So what this guy want with Vanya?" Diego said as he walked into the front porch of the house and stared at the door.

"I don't know. How about we ask him after we kill him?" Five said mentally rolling his eyes at Diego by how stupid his question was.

"Does it really matter what his intentions are? He is what triggers this apocalypse we have to get rid of him." The girl said beginning to climb up the stairs of the front porch with Five.

"Woah, woah," Diego said, turning around stopping both children from walking any further. "Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through—" Diego said but got cut off by Cassie.

"Where is Allison?" The girl said as she looked around.

"You know what? It would be nice for people just to stick to—" Diego began to say but while he was at it Five grabbed onto Cassie's hand and spatial jumped away from Diego. "The plan..." Number Two finished his sentence a he stood completely alone. "Great."

Without any hesitation, Diego took a few steps back before running into the window that was on the front door. The window was completely shattered by the impact and he fell to the ground inside the house that was now covered by broken glass. Suddenly he spotted someone walking next to him and to his surprise, it was Allison who had also found a way inside the house.

"Subtle," Allison said sarcastically, as she looked at his brother lay on the ground in pain.

Cassie, who was also inside the house because of Five, looked at Diego slightly concerned whether he was okay or not. But something that was for certain was that Diego could of put more thought into it before deciding to break the window.

"You know, the door was unlocked." Five made fun of Diego as he opened the door without any effort.

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine." Diego groaned beginning to stand up.

"Yeah, but it wasn't the smartest," Cassie said, crossing her arms as she stared at Diego.

"It got it me in, the rest does not matter," Diego said, wiping some of the glass out of his clothes. "Now, spread out. Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble." He said beginning to walk away from the other 3 people in the room.

"Ah, inspiring leadership." Five said sarcastically turning to look at both Allison and Cassie.

"One of the greats," Allison said, making Cassie laugh at both Allison and Five's comments.

—————=+=—————

It has only been a few minutes since both Diego and Allison left Cassie and Five to search the house for any clues about Leonard Peabody/Harold Jenkins. At first, Cassie was going to go a separate way from Five but he ended up insisting on her staying with him so she stayed by his side.