Chapter 6: Home

Things clearly didn't turn out as planned. Cassie and Five were finally back home which is something they both been longing for so long. Problem is that they were now stuck in their 13-years-old selves bodies.

Luther, Allison, Diego, Klaus, and Vanya stared at the 2 children and started bombarding them with questions. But the time travel had made both Cassie and Five very dizzy and hungry and having all 5 siblings asking them questions at the same time was not helping them concentrate.

"I had forgotten how annoying you all are." Five said under his breath while he held his head with both hands. Everyone around completely shut up.

"Are you both not going to explain what just happened?" Luther asked staring at both children.

"I'm hungry..." Cassie said ignoring Luther's question as she also held her head that felt as if she had been spinning around for 5 hours.

Cassie knew that it really wasn't her place to answer Luther's question. After all, the one who did all the time travel was Five she just happened to get stuck with him for 45 years. She obviously tried helping him in what she could, the equation being one of those things, but Five being Five didn't accept much of her help most of the time.

"Calm down, big boy. I'll explain, but first Cassie and I need something to eat." Five said replying to Luther's question. He turned around and headed inside the house Cassie following behind him.

The rest of the siblings watched them carefully before walking inside the house as well. There were lots of things to unpack and none of them had any clue about how to start.

—————=+=—————

Once everyone got inside the kitchen the now older-looking siblings all sat down at the end of the table. The only exception was Klaus who instead sat on top of it with his legs crossed.

"Peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich?" Five asked as he turned to look at Cassie who was just standing in the middle of the kitchen taking in her surroundings.

"I don't remember the last time I've had one, but it sounds delicious right now," Cassie said at Five as he nodded and got to work. It was a little crazy how now that they were back in their 13 years old bodies there were starting to crave food they used to eat as kids before they got stuck in the apocalypse.

Cassie sat down across from all the other siblings and felt extremely awkward by the way they were all staring at her and Five. They looked at them as if they were some sort of strange creatures from another dimension, but no, they were the same people that once used to live with them in the same big house.

"What's the date? The exact date." Five asked breaking the silence as he walked around the kitchen looking for some bread.

"The 24th," Vanya replied as Five finally found the bread and took it to the table.

"Of what?" Cassie said looking at Vanya and sat back crossing her arms.

"March," Vanya replied.

"Good." Five said standing next to Cassie and taking 4 slices of bread out of the bag to get started on the sandwiches.

Five knew there really wasn't much to say. Well, at least not yet. His mission was simple he had to find who or what caused the end of the world and get rid of it. Problem is that it's s not as easy as it sounds. He couldn't just tell all his siblings about their inevitable fate that is to come in a few days. He had to make sure that he could trust them and so far he wasn't that convinced. Lots of things could have changed while he and Cassie were gone. The only one who he could count on, for now, was the same girl who he has been stuck with for so long.